New Note 9 playing Astro ringtone during phone conversations.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Whether I make a call, recieve a call, using handset, speaker or bluetooth, and it doesn't happen on every call but does on the majority of calls, the Astro ringtone will arbitrarily start playing over my conversation. It even continues after the call has ended. I have tried all the suggestions I can find on here and have even turned all notifications actions off...nothing will stop this beast! It's very annoying as I've been experiencing this since I got the phone 8/24/18. Anyone experiencing this same problem?

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Also, clear the dialer storage cache, and the two phone caches. These are found in: settings, apps, show system apps.

Once in the app, go to storage, clear cache.

Yes, there seem to be three apps to do with phone calls: dialer storage, and two phone apps with phone symbols.

Anyway, let us know how you go 🤔

Last edited:

wricu01

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
that sounds annoying I would do a factory reset and if that doesn't help I would take it back since you just bought it

GPowell61

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Well...I tried all that except the factory reset. It didn't work. I suppose I'll try the factory reset. No one at Tmobile seems to have a clue.

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Well...I tried all that except the factory reset. It didn't work. I suppose I'll try the factory reset. No one at Tmobile seems to have a clue.

It is something for the weird basket, lol. And what a pain when all you want to do is hear the person on the other end of the phone.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Just a thought, but have you checked to see if your phone or account has been hacked or cloned? Sometimes, strange unknown issues are related to this. Maybe try another sim first?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582