New old phone HELP

chansen

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Bought my first android device about 6 months ago... Google Nexus 7. I passed it on to my wife when the new one was announced in hopes that ifI kept my antique Samsung cell phone I could afford it pretty quickly. However during our recent move I left my phone outside in the rain and it no longer works.

I have been looking at some discontinued phones that serve the purposes I need that can be used with straight talk (pretty flexible).

Would like to have
-front camera
-8 MP Camera
-larger screen (I have big fingers)
-hotspot capabilities
-GPS
-under $200

I have looked at the Atrix 2 4g and Inspire 4g (although would give up front camera with Inspire). Older phones but can do what I need.

I basically need a phone that can cover me until I replace the canon point and shoot (wife broke) tablet (wife took) and then offer a hotspot when I finally get the new nexus 7. :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Bought my first android device about 6 months ago... Google Nexus 7. I passed it on to my wife when the new one was announced in hopes that ifI kept my antique Samsung cell phone I could afford it pretty quickly. However during our recent move I left my phone outside in the rain and it no longer works.

I have been looking at some discontinued phones that serve the purposes I need that can be used with straight talk (pretty flexible).

Would like to have
-front camera
-8 MP Camera
-larger screen (I have big fingers)
-hotspot capabilities
-GPS
-under $200

I have looked at the Atrix 2 4g and Inspire 4g (although would give up front camera with Inspire). Older phones but can do what I need.

I basically need a phone that can cover me until I replace the canon point and shoot (wife broke) tablet (wife took) and then offer a hotspot when I finally get the new nexus 7. :)

Welcome to the forums!
I can't offer any opinions on either device as I am unfamiliar with them. Since you are with Straight Talk, perhaps just getting a flip phone to hold you over until you can upgrade to something you would prefer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reaghsj6465