New phone - headphone icon always in status bar and no sound

michaeljc70

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I just got a new Axon 7. I updated the system to the latest version (didn't work before update either). The headphone icon is always in the status bar and no sounds comes from the phone. I plugged headphones in and I could hear music. As I rotated the plug though, I would lose sound in one ear which concerns me for when I do use wired headphones.

Is this phone a dud that I have to send back? I've rebooted several times and plugged headphones in and out several times.

This is a nightmare as I switched sims (micro to nano) and cannot use my old phone and cannot hear my new one (without a headset).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Most likely there is a hardware issue going on... In some cases, it might also be caused by moisture causing false contacts inside the phone (my V20 lasted about a day and a half with the very same issue because water from the screen protector application got in there somehow). Try cleaning the port with compressed air (short bursts, phone off).

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I just got a new Axon 7. I updated the system to the latest version (didn't work before update either). The headphone icon is always in the status bar and no sounds comes from the phone. I plugged headphones in and I could hear music. As I rotated the plug though, I would lose sound in one ear which concerns me for when I do use wired headphones.

Is this phone a dud that I have to send back? I've rebooted several times and plugged headphones in and out several times.

This is a nightmare as I switched sims (micro to nano) and cannot use my old phone and cannot hear my new one (without a headset).

Try a hard reset... Or try drying your 3.5mm port

michaeljc70

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory reset and it still thinks the headphones are plugged in. Guess I have to send it back. Not sure if I want to stick with same phone or not.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Take it from the owner of a pixel, S7 EDGE. This phone beats them all. Remember, like cars, their making millions. Theres going to be a bad one once in a while. Exchange it. The sound system alone is worth it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberprettyfashiongirl95