New phone - how am I supposed to make a decision?

dbuss

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I am confused. I have a first day Palm Pre, I am having a hard enough time leaving the Pre as it is. Now looking at android, thought about the 3D, my wife got the Nexus S 4G, son got the EVO 4G. But now I hear about the Samsung Galaxy S2, and also the Nexus Prime. How the heck am I supposed to make a decision? I want a kick butt phone, with lots of memory and expandable memory. very frustrating.

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: HELP!!!!

There is always going to be something better. As soon as a groundbreaking phone comes out, a week later something better is announced. The GS2 will be the top of the line until the next nexus comes out. Details on the nexus prime, IMO are too far away to say are concrete. They could always change and the phone may not come to sprint. That phone is just too far out still say what it will or won't be. I'm sure the GS2 will more than suffice for you.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: HELP!!!!

You've started two other threads just like this in two other forums and also posted the same thing in two pre-existing threads. Please keep your discussion to one thread in one forum. Thanks.

dbuss

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, how is the multiple post a problem? If someone only looks at the EVO 3d they wouldn't be able to see it in the GS2 forum, how would that help my dilemma? I thought that was the purpose of forums, I put the same information in the forum that specializes in the phones I am interested, and where I could get the most help. Thank you for your assistance in helping my decision.
If I have offended anyone with my newbieness in the AndroidCentral forums, I apologize for my ignorance. When I learn Android and the forums, I hope to be a productive member.

cruiserandmax

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, how is the multiple post a problem?

I agree- the forums are actually way too specific to cover many questions like yours. I see no problem cross-posting in your case.

To help answer your question- I'm waiting a few months to see what pans out. This fall is going to be huge with Galaxy S2 & iPhone 5. The Nexus Prime, although rumored as early as November, is much more likely not to release until next year. Just give it a few months...

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I also agree.... in this case. It makes sense to cross-post to get various responses (you know... to make an informed decisions).

I was a HTC fanatic, davidbuss. Love Sense. But I am making the move to the S2 and not going to "upgrade" to the EVO 3D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgsegds