New Phone, New Look

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
I have completed setup on my new OnePlus Open. I couldn't use the stock launcher, as it has a crazy design decision IMO. It's fine on the outer screen. But when opened, instead of reformatting the outer screen to the larger real estate of the inner screen, it places the outer screen on the left and the 2nd page on the right... with asymmetrical spacing between the two pages, and everything is HUGE.

Here's what it looks like with my two preferred launchers, Nova and Niagara (forgive the 'fuzziness' - I shouldn't have edited a jpeg):
1708872265309.png
They each have their strong points and both offer Sesame integration. Niagara intelligently reformats to 2-column mode when opened and only makes things slightly larger. Nova keeps the same format and makes things quite a bit larger (though not as huge as stock). OTOH, you can't beat Nova for customization. It lets you tweak everything (except the ability to look/act like Niagara, lol). I'm actually leaning toward Niagara; it has a lot more going on than just looks but it is limited in some ways - e.g., you can stack widgets (that is, swipe left or right to reveal another widget), but they can only be placed at the top of the home screen. I'll be using both for the time being.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Awesome enjoy your new foldable..I like launchers like Niagara on the large screens ..AIO launcher is one I switch between Nova