New RAZR User

BigGuyNH

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Okay,

I have used the Droid X2 for about a year and absolutely hated the phone, well maybe not hated, but you get the point.

Broke down and bought a RAZR, yeah, everyone said I should buy the MAXX, but it was too expensive for my taste.

Here is what I found:

When I first got the phone, the operation of everything seemed "clunky" just did not run smoothly. After a while, about a week, it smoothed out.

The new way of putting contacts on the home screen, and not being able to put GPS points on the screen were not what I was looking for. I just want to press and icon and then dial. The new way does not work for me. I like to do as little as possible for simple tasks, like speed dialing. I travel a lot so being able to put points on a screen is what I like. So I use Go Launcher. With the additional memory space I can now stream music, use the GPS, and answer a call without the phone re-setting.

I like how thin it is and light too, a little wide but that is okay. Battery power seems to be getting better. I also use an ap called Fast Reboot, that works really well to close programs that are zapping power.

I do hate the bloatware, BOY do I hate the bloatware! I counted 59 AP's that I cannot move or remove.
THAT is stupid, is this my phone or Verizon's?.

This phone runs hot, really hot. On the battery monitor, there is a way to see how hot it gets, and I saw
103.9 degrees! WOW.

Battery life is about the same as the Droid X2 with an extended battery. If you don't do too much it is okay, but once your start ramping it up, the battery goes down really quickly. The ability to shut off programs when it is getting low makes a difference, it does extend the charge a bit.

Phone coverage is about the same maybe, maybe not as good in the same areas.

Last but not least, bought a cover on amazon, hardcover for about $6.00

Overall, I feel it is a good step forward, but there is room for improvement. They need to not change something for changes sake.

Last edited:

Lemonheater

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Good pick...The Razr is a great phone.

I just started using Juice Defender with the Razr and I get about 1 1/2 days of battery life. I highly recommend that app for any Android user.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The new way of putting contacts on the home screen, and not being able to put GPS points on the screen were not what I was looking for. I just want to press and icon and then dial. The new way does not work for me. I like to do as little as possible for simple tasks, like speed dialing. I travel a lot so being able to put points on a screen is what I like. So I use Go Launcher. With the additional memory space I can now stream music, use the GPS, and answer a call without the phone re-setting.

On my DROID Bionic (like my original DROID), I can set Direct Dial, Direct (text) Message, and Directions/Navigation via shortcuts on a home screen. Is this not pslossible on the DROID RAZR?

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
You can certainly put shortcuts for navigation on the screen. Direct dial and messaging as well. All are found under shortcuts. However, just realized that this is under Launcher Pro. Under the usual home screen, I don't see direct dial, but I see nav and messaging. I only use Launcher Pro because you can get more icons per page and there are 5 icons per dock and you can put different icons on each home page's dock and scroll through them independently of whichever page you're on.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74