New S23 Ultra yesterday

EODK9Trainer

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Many apps did not move over so I've spent all day putting all the ones I need on the 23. But I have a question. Lady at the Verizon store that helped me mentioned using the 5-G Hotspot. I've never used a Hotspot and really know nothing about them. What does this entail exactly and is there really no charges using this? I meant to go back to that conversation but never got the chance. I've done very little with this phone so far as these apps have taken me hours.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Charges will all depend on your plan and how much HotSpot Data they give you.

HotSpot is essentially a WiFi access point you can connect other devices too (like joining a WiFi network), but it uses your cellular data to provide those devices with Internet.

Best use-case would be having to connect your laptop to the internet while you are away from home (or away from WiFi).

Be careful as most data plans cap how much data you can use via HotSpot per month. My T-Mobile plan has 40GB per line per month of HotSpot.

EODK9Trainer

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Charges will all depend on your plan and how much HotSpot Data they give you.

HotSpot is essentially a WiFi access point you can connect other devices too (like joining a WiFi network), but it uses your cellular data to provide those devices with Internet.

Best use-case would be having to connect your laptop to the internet while you are away from home (or away from WiFi).

Be careful as most data plans cap how much data you can use via HotSpot per month. My T-Mobile plan has 40GB per line per month of HotSpot.

Thanks. I thought I heard the word unlimited from her but I won't depend on that.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I thought I heard the word unlimited from her but I won't depend on that.

It might be unlimited but so much at a faster higher speed then after that the rest of the unlimited might be slower. I kind of think that's what I have but I'm not 100% sure I have Verizon. I only have used it if we're going on a trip and I want to use my Chromebook in the car.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582