New Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus - Echo on the other end when made or received calls!!!

GalaxyS8Plus

May 20, 2017
Visit site
Friends,

My new Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is just a week old now but getting severe Echo on the other end when made or received calls!!! I am with EE in the UK.

When I call someone or I get call from someone, party at the other end is complaining that he/she getting their voice echo'd badly, but at the Galaxy S8+ end no issues perfect sound. I tried calls with speaker phone ON and Headphone connected - both cases no echo at the other end!!! Echo is there only when use mobile in the normal way!! Only other reference to this I have seen is below entry in XDA Dev forum, no solution yet!!!

As I said when headset or speaker phone ON Galaxy, no echo at the other end. Also I could see when Speaker phone is switched off Echo gradually goes down though first 30 sec after speaker off echo is maximum. I removed cases and screen protector and tried same issue. Also tried with Voice over Wifi OFF - No difference. tried calls in different areas like place with good signal or bad signal every time same experience. But @ Galaxy S8+ end everything is perfect, No issue at all!!! Also called from land line and different phones from different networks, all have same problem - Echo at the other end!!

Any suggestions..?? Not keen to return phone as it might take weeks to get a replacement and again had to copy all data etc.

I just did a factory reset and phone is back to where it started. Still same issue....horrible!!

Galaxy S8+ great looking phone but can't make any calls!!!

Thanks
P***d of S8+ User

robotomo

May 22, 2017
Visit site
(this worked for me) I went into call history log, hit menu, went to call settings, additional settings, and unclicked the Noise Reduction selection and it fixed the issue. hope this helps!

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
If you have it in a case, try removing the case and see if the problem still exists. Some cases can cause this.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463