New superphone for sprint soon? HTC Evo 2?

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi all! Hate to say it, but I may be found in these forums a lot more often now. I currently have a Palm Pre, and was waiting on the HP announcement just to find out it was... well, a bust. So I've pretty much decided I'm switching to android and have had my eye on the Evo 4G, but it's already over 6 months old and I just get the feeling that there's gonna be something else coming out soon! Are there any leaks/rumors that sound promising? Something similar to the Evo but maybe slightly smaller and with a TON more battery life would be ideal. Every search that I've made for Evo 2 sends me to the Evo Shift or some BS rumors. Thanks and I look forward to learning a lot more about android in the coming months!

Triple Threat

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
My shift IS smaller and I do get much better battery life than friends with the OG evo. New processor to boot. I'm sure Sprint will have something else up their sleeve in the coming weeks though

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
My shift IS smaller and I do get much better battery life than friends with the OG evo. New processor to boot. I'm sure Sprint will have something else up their sleeve in the coming weeks though

yea, I was looking at the shift. Seems like a pretty good size, but I really wanted a bigger screen and don't care about the slide out keyboard. Guess I'll wait it out a little more.

evansgw

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Me too!!

I bet there are a lot of us Pre owners joining Android Central.

I don't like the look of the Evo or the Shift. It is too fussy for me. I do like the Epic and Transform looks, but cocerned about getting updates to the next OS. (as most Pre owners are!!)

kohn

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Guys, I WAS a Palm guy through and through. From my first Palm Pilot in 1998, to my first PalmOS based phone, the Kyocera 6035 in 2000ish, to 3 Samsung Palm phones, Treo's, Centro's, and 2 Sprint launch day Pre's and I've changed to, on their launch day, the EVO Shift. I was hesitant to change to Android after PalmOS and WebOS for so many years. I?ve had nothing buy Palm phones for the last 11ish years?. and that said, I LOVE my EVO Shift!

First, build quality?. Sorry H/Palm, this smokes anything you?ve made to date. It?s solid and sturdy in your hand. Yes, the big change took a bit of getting used to, but after rebuying/finding all my necessary apps to run my Information Technology consulting company, I?m LOVING this phone. I?ve installed the SwiftKey Keyboard from the Marketplace, and I?m shocked at myself but find I almost never slide it open to use the tactile keyboard. The SwiftKey keyboard is so good at knowing what I?m saying, I type like 1-3 letters of every word, and it fills it in. Love it!!

So, take it from a former Palm fanboy, you will love Android. Yes, there is a little ?fluff? here and there, and I miss some of the gesture stuff, but I was helping a client with email on a Pre the other day, and I felt like I was in the 1990?s and that the Pre was just not even in the same class as the EVO Shift.

blackbird34608

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
ditto. For me. My pre needs to be replaced soon. I think the evo was announced at CTIA or MWC last year and started shipping in early june. I'm betting the follow the same cycle. I'm holding out for an evo 2 as well.

Got2buzz

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
ditto. For me. My pre needs to be replaced soon. I think the evo was announced at CTIA or MWC last year and started shipping in early june. I'm betting the follow the same cycle. I'm holding out for an evo 2 as well.

Questions is.............will the Sprint people EVER start reading the forums (and comments on their own boards)? Re:what people are BEGGING for like a dual core processor, MUCH better battery life/more powerful battery,better selection from QUALITY companies ect.

I'm unfortunately starting to think that will happen the same day FLYING PIGS invade NY!:D

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm still thinking Sprint won't replace the Evo or Epic until a year after their release. Therefore, I'm guessing we won't see the Evo 2 or Epic 2 or whatever until the summer. I'm in the position myself, with today as the last day of my 30-day return on the Epic I'm using. I need to decide whether to risk a new device coming out next month and me being stuck with the Epic, or returning the Epic only to learn that it'll be six months before a replacement will come out.

It's a predicament...

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
seems like more and more of us will be in the same boat in the coming months. I know at least 4 people that had palm phones and switched recently. I wonder if there will be any users left on webos by the time summer comes around.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Palm Pre was a great Phone I loved my launched day Pre. Never had any issues with it. IMHO they took way to long with the sale and didn't put anything out. Now they're working on coming back and the Touchpad looks promissing. But I switched last year and LOVE Android and after some time you will come to miss Webos less and less. Android looks like it is taking off like a wildfire and Sprint I'm sure will have a Great lineup this summer.

If/when you switch over to a Android device you will have some issues getting use to the UI's from the different company's but you will love it.

Welcome and enjoy... I will suggest reading as much as you can about a device here. So when you pick up your New phone, you will have a foot in the door already...

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Palm Pre was a great Phone I loved my launched day Pre. Never had any issues with it. IMHO they took way to long with the sale and didn't put anything out. Now they're working on coming back and the Touchpad looks promissing. But I switched last year and LOVE Android and after some time you will come to miss Webos less and less. Android looks like it is taking off like a wildfire and Sprint I'm sure will have a Great lineup this summer.

If/when you switch over to a Android device you will have some issues getting use to the UI's from the different company's but you will love it.

Welcome and enjoy... I will suggest reading as much as you can about a device here. So when you pick up your New phone, you will have a foot in the door already...

I will definitely be reading a lot about android in the coming weeks. I've skimmed the site a little here and there. Is it true that each android phone that comes out has a different way to root the phone? Seems like it'll be a whole new learning experience every time you get a new android phone.

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmmm, you folks making me want to wait for Evo2, but hotdam, that means I cant upgrade till Jan2012. And no webOS 2.1 on my Pre, no way Jose.

Honestly what can the Evo2 really have other than a spec bumps of the OG Evo? The EVO was a game changer. I cant imagine they can do that 2 years in a row.

Can they?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
This summer should have what we want, it would be foolish not to have a worthy phone to upgrade too a year from the sales of the biggest money maker sprint has ever had - the evo.

Im going to guess its going to be a Desire HD style "evo 2" that will be resemble the thunderbolt/inspire 4G on verizon/att. Im all for it, uni-metal body and an upgraded processor... why not ;)

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Hmmmmm, you folks making me want to wait for Evo2, but hotdam, that means I cant upgrade till Jan2012. And no webOS 2.1 on my Pre, no way Jose.

Honestly what can the Evo2 really have other than a spec bumps of the OG Evo? The EVO was a game changer. I cant imagine they can do that 2 years in a row.

Can they?

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm kind of nervous about what I hear about the battery life on the Evo. If they release an Evo style phone with some spec bumps and a much longer lasting battery then I am totally sold.

original00

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I had battery problems when I first got my Evo, couldn't last 5hrs with constant use during the day. This was my remedy
1.Got a spare hero battery and an external battery charger (the Evo actually doesn't charge the phone correctly which is why there is such a huge drop when you first unplug ur phone)
2. Rooted and running a custom rom

Now I get over 8-10hrs battery and this is with streaming music pretty much all day at work

Got2buzz

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Qualcomm OnQ Blog - Conversations with Paul – MWC 2011

Hopefully, the Evo 2 will be powered by the 3rd gen dual core snapdragon processor with Adreno 220 gpu in this video. I have an Evo and I can't wait either. I don't qualify for Sprint gold but I will be getting the Evo 2 off contract.

"EARTH to Sprint!.......... EARTH to Sprint!........... This is your CUSTOMER calling.......Can you read me??........... PLEASE respond!":D

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
i'm liking the leaked specs for the Galaxy S2 but I keep reading about LTE which makes me think it's not coming out for sprint :( i reallly hope sprint doesn't pass up on a great phone like this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kidzkee