New Tapatalk app for android is horrible

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It is different for sure, but I find that once I am used to it, it is actually easier to use than the old one. What is so horrible about the new design?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Everything. It'd difficult to even find this section to even write this post. Took me about 2 minutes to figure out where to go vs 15-30 secs from opening and getting to the right section with the old version. It's OK this one but I prefer the old set up imo

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
This new design is definitely going to take some time to adjust to. It's a "busier" look overall. It seems to work ok though. Maybe even a little better than the old design.
Yeah it is busier and Imo I prefer a more simple app. I actually like the new Ipad app they rolled out a few weeks ago

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Definitely a learning curve. I'm gonna give it some time. It does have better nav features, I just need to get used to where everything is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
My first impressions were "oh this looks nice" then i hate this, why would they... Oh there it is. Who does this witchcraft, moving things out of place.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
My initial impressions are negative. For one thing, the list of posts such as Unread, Timeline, Participated, etc, requires a lot more scrolling because each post in the list takes up a lot of room. The header also seems bigger. On my Galaxy S4 I can see 2 1/2 posts in a page, vs maybe 6 or so before (I don't remember exactly).

I also think the navigation is more complicated, but that's just something to get used to.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Everything. It'd difficult to even find this section to even write this post. Took me about 2 minutes to figure out where to go vs 15-30 secs from opening and getting to the right section with the old version. It's OK this one but I prefer the old set up imo
It just takes some getting adjusted to. Shouldn't take 2 minutes to find this thread. Took me all of 10 seconds from opening the app.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah.... OK... I'm getting my sea legs here. They just COMPLETELY stirred up the layout. One of the big reasons I bought the full version was consistency of forums... I don't have to contend with different layouts and they are all under one roof. You kind of get used to how things flow after a while and it takes a bit of getting used to.

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Just check out the google play reviews a flood of negative reviews.

Took a simple to use, easy to view app and messed it up. Went back to 4.9.5 and blocking it from upgrading again.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
It's virtually a deal breaker for me. 24 hours and I still can't work with it. I can figure it, but I can't use it productively.

It's like using those early 3.5" Sat Nav's.
You can see the street next to you, but you can't fathom where you are overall.

1 or 2 hours next to my pc at night is the most time I will spend browsing occasionally on AC or watching TV now.
I hope they fix it.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=4126845

From my SM-N9005 Note 3 on Tapatalk

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
This app sucks now. I can't tell if a thread is read or not. Navigation sucks as well. Tapatalk don goofed.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If I get some time, I'll go check out the Tapatalk forums... I am guessing that the reactions I'll read will be less than glowing. Some UI designer's grand redesign plans are about to get totally crapped on.

EDIT:

Here are some of the topic names:

4.10.0 no bueno
WTF! Change the freakin' GUI back!
The new UI suxx! Big Times!
I want old tapatalk
This new update.....how do I revert?

That's just the first page. Most common reply is "I registered on this forum just to come here to say that the new layout sucks"

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Just check out the google play reviews a flood of negative reviews.

Took a simple to use, easy to view app and messed it up. Went back to 4.9.5 and blocking it from upgrading again.

Exactly what I did. It's very mind-boggling that they would actually foist his garbage on the general public. Do they not have a beta or testers program of some sort?

Why is half the title page on each forum covered with unrelated pictures? Why can I only see 2 or 3 threads on my 5.7" screen on my Note 4?

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loafty