new to platform.. quick question

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Getting a nexus one as my first android device... If I want to be able to do all the "cool" stuff to my phone, what skills will I need (ie: programming language, or know anything about another os besides windows like linux commands)?

pbrennan42

Dec 17, 2009
www.philipbrennan.net
An ability to learn and to follow written instructions exactly in order.

A working knowledge of Linux/unix would be an advantage but most of the processes used to hack the android are doable under windows.

Phil.

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I have no prob following directions, I am very good and confident with computers (and I have been tweaking blackberry's for a while), this is just an area that I have never ventured into. What programming language is needed to really do some custom stuff?

pbrennan42

Dec 17, 2009
www.philipbrennan.net
From what I can gather (not being a programmer myself), Java seems to be the main one, although being Linux based C++ takes a major hand in it.

I suspect that Mono is going to take a big hand in future Android versions as well. Maybe from "Ginderbread" onwards (I've started calling 2.2 Gingerbread in the vain hope that this is what it will be called when they get around to doing it).

Phil.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
signofwelcoming