New User, Some Questions

PerryNY

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I have just purchased the Motorola Droid and I can't believe how fast the browser is. But it is going to take me some time to get use to this device (coming from a BB). I see on the site a lot of people have these great themes, I tried to DL a couple (from the market) and no luck. Even when I try to purchase one, it tells me that I need aHome. What is this? Also the battery life is not that good, I guess it is from all the apps running in the background. But all and all I love the phone. So any advice would be very appreciated. Thanks

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Ahome is a home screen replacement app. It basically gives your screen a new different look. The themes must be loaded through that app.

Is this your first smartphone? The battery on the droid is the best I've had on any smartphone. It starts off kind of bad but the battery life gets better after a few cycles of killing it and recharging.

Edit* sorry I saw you came from a BB lol

PerryNY

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Ahome is a home screen replacement app. It basically gives your screen a new different look. The themes must be loaded through that app.

Is this your first smartphone? The battery on the droid is the best I've had on any smartphone. It starts off kind of bad but the battery life gets better after a few cycles of killing it and recharging.

No this not my first smart phone. I have been a big fan of Blackberry but I was getting bored with there old OS so I figured I would try something new. I also I have an iPhone. Big phone junkie. Where do I get this aHome app and is it free? Thanks for the reply

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I believe its $5 on the market. I haven't used it personally. I like the stock look and feel of the Droid myself.

rjf111

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
What I find with all the phones I have ever had -- for getting excellent battery time is -- for the first charge -- to turn the phone off and charge it for a good 8 hours straight. After that I use and charge it normally and, as I said, the battery time is excellent.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisab126