New Verizon Phone

volcom.airsoft

May 12, 2010
Visit site
So I got rid of my smartphone (Droid 2) in November, and got the LG Octane. I'm miserable without a smartphone. I would like to know which phone is the best phone for me to get? I'm pretty much only going to be texting, calling, taking pictures, and facebook'ing/browsing the web.

I think I should get the Droid Incredible 2, just because I don't have LTE in my area, Inland Empire, CA and I don't want the 20$ LTE data charge thing? What smartphone would you think is best for me?
-blackberry 9900,
-droid inc. 2,
-iPhone 4,
-htc thunderbolt,
-droid 3,
-casio commando,
-xperia play
or
droid x2.

price doesn't matter as long is it isn't over 300$.
if anyone can help, thanks.

volcom.airsoft

May 12, 2010
Visit site
EDIT: I do have 4G LTE in my area :eek: now, an LTE phone would be more pleasant, aha! can anyone refer me to any of Verizon's LTE or non LTE androids (and iPhone4) ?

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
First off, there is no LTE fee. You just pay 30.00, 50.00 or 80.00 for your data and you get 2GB, 5GB or 10G allowance, respectively.
The Bionic is coming soon and the Charge is good too.. Try them out, see what you like.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
The Bionic would be a good choice, but if you can wait a month I think it will be easily eclipsed by the HTC Vigor and the Droid Prime, due out in October... Both will have better screens, better UI's, and arguably (very arguably) a superior chipset. Dual Core 1Ghz in Bionic vs Dual Core 1.5Ghz in Vigor and Prime.

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
The Bionic would be a good choice, but if you can wait a month I think it will be easily eclipsed by the HTC Vigor and the Droid Prime, due out in October... Both will have better screens, better UI's, and arguably (very arguably) a superior chipset. Dual Core 1Ghz in Bionic vs Dual Core 1.5Ghz in Vigor and Prime.

It is rumored that those phones will come out in October. But we have no confirmation of that. The Bionic is out tomorrow. By the time the Vigor or Prime come out, there will be phones rumored to be coming out just around the corner that are worlds better. It's the never ending Android cycle. Unless it is 100% confirmed that something better will be out soon, it's best to pick what you like the most that is available now. You could end up waiting months otherwise.

Sent from Asgard, by the power of Thor!

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Waiting months? Like for the Bionic?

I see your point, Noble, but test my logic, here. The Bionic was shown at CES 9 months ago. At the time, it was a one of a kind phone. but it NEVER came out. It got re-designed basically from scratch and is coming out 9 months later with similar specs that were anounced 9 months ago. After waiting 9 months for a rumnored phone, I don't see the harm in waiting 1 more month for a faster phone with a better screen and a better UI. I was on the Bionic train for a few months. I've seen the light. Too little WAY too late. It is a never ending cycle in the mobile arms race. Pick a horse you are willing to ride for 2 years. I'll wait for the Vigor.

I assure you it is 100% confirmed the Vigor and the Prime will be out soon. Nobody knows when or what they will be marketed as, but they will be out. OEM's aren't in the habit of running phones through wifi and bluetooth certifications if they don't intend to sell them.

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I would think that you would see what happened to the Bionic as a reason not to wait. With Android, you never know what will happen. My point was, the Bionic will be out tomorrow. It is official, it is happening. I, too, believe the Vigor and Prime will be out before the end of the year. But you never know. You can wait until they are about to be released, then somebody will be telling you to wait for the next big thing. It never ends.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk