Newbie Coming To Android Via Sprint HTC Hero

mikepas

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I'm about to be a newbie to the Android powered world having just ordered a new HTC Hero this afternoon from Sprint. At the moment I'm using a Palm Pre and the new phone will be going on a second line I'm setting up to try out the new platform and see how much I like it. I figure if I don't like it I'll have 30 days to send it back and cancel the second line but if I do like it then I'll probably switch and sell of my Pre.

Anything hints/pointers for a potential switcher here?

So far I've used a couple of WinMo phones (Q9c and Touch Diamond) and a Blackberry Curve 8330 in addition to the Pre.

doublebullout

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm doing pretty much exactly what you're doing. The Hero gets 29 more days to convince me to sell my Pre. It's still early, but I think my Pre is starting to sweat a little.

(BTW, I think you'll be impressed with the Hero from the moment you hold it. I sure was. It's not a river stone, but it's solid as a rock.)

Last edited:

spilger126

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
i got my hero on the 10th via a reseller my friend workds at. this is actually a second line as im planning on dropping vzw next year when my contract is up. (im on a family plan for vzw at $15/month and a data everything share on sprint for about $30/month on sprint. im STILL managing to save money now compared to when i had my own vzw line)

to put it in plainer words, android has changed my life! i never knew a phone could be so perfect and functional. and given the fact that in my area, sprint has pretty decent coverage, im pretty happy. im a pretty avid mac user, and clearly it would seem i'd use an iphone, but i WILL NOT use at&t on principle of it sucking royally up here.

this is also my first real smart phone. i've used blackberrys and the pre before, but i just can't dig em. the android is where it's at. it's got more usability and funcionality than anything i've ever seen.

cswee10582#AC

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I just dropped my pre on sunday for this phone! i'm still in my first 30 days with sprint, so i figured I'd give it a shot! So far this phone has been amazing! the first few hours I was thinking I'd be going back monday to return the hero for the pre, but after having time to sit down and play around with it, I found this MUCH better suited to me to my needs than the Pre, plus on top of it all, I hope to keep this phone for a year or two, and It feels like it will last that time period and beyond!

Oh yeah, going back on wed to return my gf's Pre for another Hero, she cannot wait!

This thing ROCKS!

Chris S

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ogreschmogre