Newbie Question about Screen Waking Up

tsmit50

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I've searched and can't seem to really find anything. Every hour at 5 past, the screen on my new evo just turns on. I installed handscent, but i'm not getting a text at the time.

Everything is stock, no rooting, etc. Facebook is set to 2 hours, etc. I can't seem to find the culprit.

Any idea where i might begin to look? Running apps doesn't show anything weird.

flamingpixi

Jan 4, 2011
www.bbrunch.com
good question. mine does the same thing...although not on the exact interval yours does. I only notice it once in awhile - but same thing....not rooted, no malicious apps, and no notification for anything when the screen turns on, it just comes on.

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I am actually taking my Evo into a Sprint store today to have this looked at. It's been doing it for quite some time, but it's very random. The only thing I've managed to single out, is that it only happens when it's on a charger. Since I only charge my device at night...when the screen DOES come on, it's usually bright enough to wake me up. It doesn't happen every night though. But it DID happen last night...maybe 3 times every 5 minutes or so. I also have Handcent installed, but I doubt that's the culprit. I've already done the obvious (wiped the handset and reinstalled everything).

The fact that it's happening to your brand new Evo, DOES have me a little concerned...

i_fly_rc

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
it could be an issue with the charger, if it were resetting and causing the phone to think its getting connected/disconnected it would light up the screen. one thing i bought recently is a higher current phone charger, it wont charge it any faster but its not going to push this charger as hard either.

the one i found is for an LG phone and rated at 700ma over the stock 500ma

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I took it to a Sprint store today...that was pretty much a waste of time. I can understand their angle on this..it's so intermittent. They couldn't duplicate it, so the obvious response was that there was nothing wrong with the phone. I'm going to charge my camcorder so that the next time the phone acts up, I'm going to record it for them to look at. It never just happens ONCE...it always happens at least 3 times when it DOES do it.

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Is it when your Evo's screen just randomly turns on like it got a notification, but nothing really happened at all? My mom's Evo and mine does that all the time. I'm used to it... doesn't bother me.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
To start of with, this really sucks. It's not happening to me though, so I can't complain. However, the screen turns on when something wakes the phone like a notification or an incoming call. I typically turn all my ringers off at night so that they don't wake me, but when an email comes in WHAMO the screen turn on! Now I just lay the phone face down on my nightstand, so if the screen turns on I don't see it. No worries with the screen, it wont scratch on your nightstand. Plus I use my phone as an alarm in the morning and this leaves the speaker facing up so it's nice and loud when it goes off. Just a suggestion that has worked for me, turn it face down at night.

dan330

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
i have not seen this on my evo.

i think there is app that is triggering your phone to wake.

I remember there was some app in the market that will monitor your phone.. and lets you know when and what is being used...

i think it was.. battery monitor widget.. or something like that.. that might help you to find the rouge app.