newbie-question-I am having a hard time moving my icons around.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Droid yesterday - ( previously had a BB curve).

Wow, what a difference.

I am having a hard time moving my icons around into the order I want to see them. I know I have to touch an icon and hold until the phone vibrates... and then I thought that would allow me to move the icon to where I want
( like dragging a dropping icons on a PC desktop).

But, when I move the icons this way, they don't move to the destination I have dragged them to.... the icons just revert back to where they were before.

I also am having a hard time with getting icons that appear on the periphery, to show up on my main screen. I can swish from the main screen to the right or left, but for example, the camera icon is on the right periphery and I want it on the main (front) screen. How can i get it moved to the front screen.

I searched the forums, but couldn't find this advice.

( sorry, I know I am probably not using the correct verbiage).

thanks for any help !

J

Hoagie5252

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I would just play with it some more sometimes moving iconsis a little annoying. One tip if you want your camera on main screen go to main screen and then open app drawer and long press camera and put it on your main screen from there. Then just deleteit from the other one.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Ok, so unlike the BB, on the Android the slot has to be open in order for you to be able to put a new icon there. So if you have an icon, but you want something else, move the existing one out of the slot before trying to put something else there, or it will bounce back to the original location.

As for moving from screen to screen, you can do that by holding it and then when you can move it, drag it towards where you want it to go, its a bit of a pain but eventually itll switch screens, or you can drag it to the trash can at the bottom, so its off that screen, then open the app drawer and long hold it on to the main screen.

Hope this is a bit helpful for you, if any other questions, feel free to ask.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so unlike the BB, on the Android the slot has to be open in order for you to be able to put a new icon there. So if you have an icon, but you want something else, move the existing one out of the slot before trying to put something else there, or it will bounce back to the original location.

As for moving from screen to screen, you can do that by holding it and then when you can move it, drag it towards where you want it to go, its a bit of a pain but eventually itll switch screens, or you can drag it to the trash can at the bottom, so its off that screen, then open the app drawer and long hold it on to the main screen.

Hope this is a bit helpful for you, if any other questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks, Jared - yes that helps. It sounds like you have to make space for the new icon before it will "take" when you move it. As far as moving icons from one screen to another, I think part of my problem is I a case on the top and that is making harder to move the icons over.

thanks again for the advice, man. I have so say that this forum is turning out to be as good as the Crackberry forum.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Thanks, Jared - yes that helps. It sounds like you have to make space for the new icon before it will "take" when you move it. As far as moving icons from one screen to another, I think part of my problem is I a case on the top and that is making harder to move the icons over.

thanks again for the advice, man. I have so say that this forum is turning out to be as good as the Crackberry forum.

We aim to be as helpful as humanly possible. If I could come through your monitor and show ya, I would :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teneika lee