News Readers

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have tried several popular News Readers over the years, but they seem to have changed something regarding Fonts and other readable functions. The Reader's are being viewed on a Pixel 6 that font size and color are set to maximum.
I'm looking for a reader that is more readable and articles that are easily SHARED. I've been using SmartNews Google News. Thanks.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
If you go into a particular post, you'll see a font icon at the top of the screen. Two on that, and you then have a pop-up that will give you a slider to adjust the font size.
b377f6285cfb1fa1461e4ebda4dca83b.jpg

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The Reading Mode appears to be a good choice, but I don't understand why the article doesn't open in that Mode. I have to press the... accessibility key at the lower right to access the Reading Mode. The shortcut key doesn't work as I Expected because I don't see the shortcut on the screen. Thanks

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's an accessibility feature, so all things won't open that way by default. If you're using gesture navigation, you can use a two finger swipe up from the bottom of the screen to bring up the Reader Mode interface.

You can also add a Reading Mode button in the Quick Settings -- just swipe down the Quick Settings panel, tap the Edit button (the pencil icon), and scroll down to find the Reading Mode button. Long-press it and drag it to your button layout.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I see the READING MODE tile at the bottom of the edit screen, but I can't DRAG AND DROP it. Also, I'm using 3 button mode so the gesture method won't work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How many buttons do you already have in your Quick Settings? I'm not sure if there's a limit, but just in case, try removing one of the other buttons, and then try dragging and dropping again. (And you're long-pressing the button first, right?)

If you're using button navigation, then you should see the Accessibility shortcut on the right side of the navigation bar at the bottom, which looks like a stick figure. You can change this to a floating button by going to Settings>Accessibility Shortcuts>Accessibility Button>Location.

Reactions: SeeBeeEss

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Deapite all of the tips from users of this group, I have totally screwed up the Reading of News articles by trying to use Accessibility features.
The text brought up is not a large enough font to be read with ease or wc scrollable left to right
I've tried Reading Mode with many different settings.
I'm open for any suggestions. Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Deapite all of the tips from users of this group, I have totally screwed up the Reading of News articles by trying to use Accessibility features.
The text brought up is not a large enough font to be read with ease or wc scrollable left to right
I've tried Reading Mode with many different settings.
I'm open for any suggestions. Thanks
I merged this into your previous thread.

Can you show us a screenshot of what you're seeing? It doesn't look like what I shared above?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
This am, I started my Pixel 6 normally. When I swiped right to read the Google News something strange happened. I was presented wirh a Reading Mode menu that I had never seen before. I completed all the options.
Then 5
I clicked on the Accessibility Icon and the text was easily more readable. Great.
I have always had difficulty using the Floating Shortcut, so mine is not activated
My next question is, why do I have to press the key for Reading Mode for the article i want to read if the device is already in the Reading Mode. Is that possible? Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, Reading Mode is a feature you have to activate for a given page. It won't show an article that way by default -- you have to manually select Reading Mode to bring up that interface.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995