Next steps, precautions

xxKai

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I haven't posted a new thread in a while, I've been very content with my phone after rooting it, but I believe it's time to take things to the next level. after rooting my phone (Verizon Galaxy s3 4.1.2) using odin, I've had titanium, deleted bloats, backed up, frozen, and uninstalled numerous apps, use tasker for many things. Among other apps I have es file explorer, gmd gesture control, autovoice, busybox, helium, supersu, rom manager, secure settings, uccw, and zoom. To be frank, I still don't know the full potential of these apps, so I'm going to continue to learn about them. What I want to know first though, is should I upgrade from 4.1.2, and how does changing roms change anything? I also have an overclock app called no-frills cpu control but it seems it's already set from (min) 1.134GHz to (max) 1.512 GHz on demand, I'm wondering if it's possible to get any higher than 1.512GHz? Btw I use Go Launcher Ex, which I like more than other launchers although I might try out Nova mainly because of its widget features. I also want to know if there are precautions I have to take, I believe in the past I read about OTA updates that can brick your phone, and I got worried about this.

Any information you can provide will be much help guys, I'm just trying to learn :) thanks!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Changing roms is like installing a new version of android with custom tweaks made to it. Always make a full backup of your device from recovery, and keep a copy on your pc. As long as you can get into a custom recovery, you will almost always be able to restore it.

josiahlikesminecraft

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Custom ROMs get better battery life and a lot of them are running 4.3 now. U get a lot of extra features with custom ROMs too. Just let me know if you need any help with anything.

Posted via Samsung S3 Running Slimrom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard