Nexus 10 bricked after 4.4.2 update!!! 4 circles screen

Andy Cooper

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I finally updated my nexus after seeing it in my notification column. All seemed okay so let it get on with it.But when I thought it was ready I cannot get further than the four moving coloured circles. I have tried to factory reset and delete cache but has made no changes. I have been in contact with google play who now say there is no more actions that can be done so will need replacement. Very disappointing so will have to send it back But was asked have I got it wet or dropped it? Which i am sure has not happened but get the feeling when they get it back will that as an excuse not to replace!
So is there anything else I can do? cheers Andy

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I finally updated my nexus after seeing it in my notification column. All seemed okay so let it get on with it.But when I thought it was ready I cannot get further than the four moving coloured circles. I have tried to factory reset and delete cache but has made no changes. I have been in contact with google play who now say there is no more actions that can be done so will need replacement. Very disappointing so will have to send it back But was asked have I got it wet or dropped it? Which i am sure has not happened but get the feeling when they get it back will that as an excuse not to replace!
So is there anything else I can do? cheers Andy
Have you considered installing the factory image? It's not too difficult, but does require a general understanding of using the computers command line and have the Android SDK installed. Since you are seeing the boot animation the device isn't bricked - it's actually very hard to brick a Nexus.

Nexus 10 Factory Images: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#mantaray

I did not find a guide to restore factory images for the Nexus 10 here on Android Central. Google's support page provides a basic overview: https://source.android.com/source/building-devices.html.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lethabo Mokoena