nexus 2 rumor with facts! (article)

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Meh, don't like the materials samsung uses on their phones. Way too much plastic. Great phones though. And it would take the updates off of the failure that is samsung when it comes to ota and leave it to google. I may be a fan boy but htc just makes the best hardware imo. My nexus is still sexy and the big brother g2 is just as amazing.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Hang on. A rumor with facts? Which is it? Couple of things:

• It's very unlikely to be called the "Nexus Two." Nexus S is more likely.
  • It might be announced Nov. 8, but I doubt it. You don't have a special event for one phone, and then bring out another one that is going to be bigger and better. And as much as I like the Continuum (*cough* having the only hands-on with it), I have a feeling a Nexus follow-up will be bigger.
  • You guys know how I feel about anonymous sources. :)

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
While highly unlikely if it were to come out it would be the Samsung device is would buy released with an up to date os and without Samsung compromises and updates would come from Google

chegarty

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I think in this situation it is best to divorce what we want from what will happen so it won't color our perceptions. With that said, I'm not expecting this Nexus 2 (or whatever it will be called) until there are multiple corroborating sources. I do, however, think it would be odd to have such a large event to launch the Continuum by itself, but it may be more odd to launch it while saying "Here's a better one!"

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that is making this have legs is the fact that they added a gingerbread man on campus and history has shown that it gets announced and released pretty quickly. I am very excited for gingerbread and what it may bring to the table. That's the big story to me. I agree with Phil, the nexus line is supposed to move the platform forward and this phone isn't groundbreaking enough over what's out, especially the nexus one and its brother g2 besides super amoled and ffc (fad don't get me started). There hasn't been any US affiliation so it may be one of those deals where some called the mytouch 3g (HTC magic) and the HTC legend, the g2 or g2 touch in Europe.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Well, from what I read over at Redmond Pie, the phone doesn't seem to be too different than the Galaxy S. What's the point of remaking the Galaxy S and calling it the Nexus 2/S/HD/Enchantment (joking at this point) at this point? Surely there must be something odd about the way the phone was described.

Simer03

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
regardless of when they unveil it, i cant wait to see it! Ive been waiting and waiting and waiting for a successor to the great Nexus One, and this just might be it!! I also love HTC and their sexy sleek designs, but Taylor's (AndroidandMe) independent source said that the Nexus S is sexier than the Nexus One.....hmmm.....either way, it will be my next phone (if we USA buyers can get one, that is...) and a definite plus would be the ability to use HSPA+ with it thru Tmobile....(crossing my fingers)!

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I think they key here isn't that the phone will be bigger and badder than other phones (although given the pure Gingerbread and Google updates perhaps this will be true despite hardware equality) but rather that Google is getting back into direct phones sales, perhaps this time with retailers behind them.

There are lots of reasons why Google wants to do this (and according to Motorola they are also working on a direct to consumers product with Google), and with the recent opening of spectrum to all innovators, the future could get very, very interesting.

meany105

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
i happen to have an uncle who works at Ninten... i mean samsung that has confirmed that the nexus two will have a 4ghz quad core antimatter-warpdrive powered processor, and the case will be made entirely of red matter and unobtanium

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
i happen to have an uncle who works at Ninten... i mean samsung that has confirmed that the nexus two will have a 4ghz quad core antimatter-warpdrive powered processor, and the case will be made entirely of red matter and unobtanium

You're thinking of the Nexus One and a Half - that's old news :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha