Nexus 4: How to do a hard reboot?

A

AC Question

My nexus 4 started updating early this morning, then it crashed and I haven't been able to get it to work since. Basically the red light goes on when I plug it in, it flashes when I plug it into my computer. If I press "on" and "volume down" simultaneously while plugging it into my computer I get to see the green android, but only for a moment before it goes black again. Please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Charge it on a wall outlet for at least 4-6 hours undisturbed, then try pressing and holding Power for 15-20 seconds.

Moebius05

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Well, not really: basically yes, but as soon as I reach it (the screen with the green android lying on its back) it immediately turns off (=goes black). Since my cellphone has been hooked to the charger all night I have trouble imagining that the battery is empty.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
With that kind of behavior, I'd guess that the battery has failed. A dead battery won't charge up much or hold onto charge no matter how long you plug it into a wall outlet.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Batteries can suddenly fail without warning, so it's still possible.

You've already tried different charging cables and wall plugs?

Moebius05

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I gut the update at around midnight. The phone failed. I decided it was the empty battery. I plugged it into my computer over night. The next morning the alarm rang. Over the next couple of hours I started it several times. Sometimes it would ome on and crash after a few minutes, sometimes it would come on and do updates and crash after roughly a hundred. Then it wouldn't go on, the it would go on but only when plugged in, ect. All the time I was in a meeting, so I didn't pay proper attention. But I remember clearly that in the morning, after it crashed I plugged it in I got th "charging" battery simbol and it clearly said: "full" or "almost full". From that moment it was perhaps another three hours until the final crash. So that doesn't look like a dead battery. Anyways: the following night I plugged it into the wall, but it's still dead.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ugh. Well, this may be worse, because it could very well be a motherboard issue. Sorry, but I can't suggest anything else besides taking it to a repair shop. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiviwin68