Nexus 4 no connection

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I'm connected to wifi constantly and when I visit the play store and other web sites, sometimes it gives me the message "No connection - retry"
Any reason for this? My wifi shouldn't be choppy and cancel connection

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
So I'm connected to wifi constantly and when I visit the play store and other web sites, sometimes it gives me the message "No connection - retry"
Any reason for this? My wifi shouldn't be choppy and cancel connection

That message just means the device couldn't connect to the play store but the problem could lay from your Wifi connection all the way up the stream to Google.

Do you ever see your Wifi icon turn from blue to grey around the time that problem happens? If you do that is indicating that while you are connected to Wifi, it's not making it through to the Internet. It's normal to see it grey when you intially connect but it should stay blue.

As to why that's happening, no idea without knowing more about how your network and ISP are setup.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That message just means the device couldn't connect to the play store but the problem could lay from your Wifi connection all the way up the stream to Google.

Do you ever see your Wifi icon turn from blue to grey around the time that problem happens? If you do that is indicating that while you are connected to Wifi, it's not making it through to the Internet. It's normal to see it grey when you intially connect but it should stay blue.

As to why that's happening, no idea without knowing more about how your network and ISP are setup.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Didn't pay attention but at times there are these two arrows pointing down and up on the wifi bar on the top for some odd reason.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Didn't pay attention but at times there are these two arrows pointing down and up on the wifi bar on the top for some odd reason.

The arrows indicate the direction of the data. Up means you are sending or uploading data. Down means you are receiving or downloading data. None means you aren't sending or receiving anything. Grey instead of blue means no throughput. Meaning its connected to the wifi hotspot but there isn't access to the Internet.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2