NEXUS 4 wont charge after lollipop update ....

Kassh3

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Updated my Nexus 4 to new lollipop software last night.

Today i went to charge the phone (was at 37%) and now the battery percentage is going DOWN as the phone is plugged into the charger...

Has anyone else had this issue after updating the software?!

PLEASE HELP!

:(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you see the lightning bolt in the battery icon when plugged in? Go to Settings>Battery--does it say Charging (AC) or Charging (USB)?

Although it would be a weird coincidence, it's still conceivable that the charging cable or wall plug suddenly became faulty. Does the problem persist when using a different charger?

Steve EE

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I've had a similar experience.

I haven't had a problem when connected to a wall charger, but connected to a PC it often (but not always!) won't charge. (Seems to be something related to having the data lines being present - I'll test out the PC with a dumb Chrome cast cable, it only has 2 connections).

Annoyingly, the icon on the status bar indicates it *is* charging, but the words of the battery details page says it isn't. So the only way to confirm, is to go into the full battery stat page.

Screenshot_2014-11-28-17-36-30.png

How's this for a confused image?!
(Check the status bar icon, and then the words on the page and graph).
It's not a charge safety shut-down, the phone was totally cold.

Just for clarification, this is a Nexus 4 which never had an issue. The cable, PC etc are all unchanged. The only change is Lollipop (full wipe factory install).