nexus 5 automatic update (overnight) now broken phone

barryfl

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Last night (Monday eve) the gremlins came to my phone and decided to automatically update to lollipop. I awoke to the message which states "Android is upgrading..." and "optimizing app 1 of 1" with a spinning circle. Phone is now bricked. I have left this for 45 minutes to no avail.
I can reboot and the same thing happens, I can clear the cache and the same thing happens.
I may be forced into a recovery, can anyone help please?

PS I had been seeing the Android Update message but kept putting it off due to the errors others are seeing, this happened on its own, I didn't chose it.

Nexus 5 was with Kitkat 4.4.4 (now I dont know) AT&T non-rooted stock phone

Saverio Geronimo

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
it is impossible that the phone automatically update to lollipop by itself. First you will see a notification that there is an update, then agree to download the upgrade. Once is downloaded, you would have to agree to install the update, and then you would see the screen "Android is upgrading..." and "optimizing app 1 of 1"...... nothing will happen automatically, somebody mess with your phone....
Best Regards..

ptonantryloc

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
If no one comes up with anything better, and if you can't work through the tutorial, above, you might consider the toolkit here:

[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.9.8 [U… | Nexus 7 | XDA Forums

It's pretty much a self-contained toolkit for flashing/recovery/backups/etc.. There's even an option there for working with a soft-bricked/bootlooped phone. I have no idea what that does, but maybe you can ask there.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tuanbinh9990