nexus 5 micro USB cable

whitenoise013

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,
Well I lost my nexus 5 micro USB cable but I still have the wall adaptor. I've read a lot of articles that state that using a 3rd party cable/charger can do bad for the phone.
Does it make a difference to use to a 3rd party cable (I have a Samsung USB cable) with my nexus charger? Or is there any way I can get a nexus USB cable? I couldn't find them in amazon.

Also does the charging speed has anything to do with the USB cable? (USB 3.0 , USB 2.0 difference perhaps? ) I don't know if its just what I felt but I think the phone charged a bit slower with my Samsung USB cable.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Any microUSB cable should be fine for charging. They can't really cause damage.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Unless you're buying a cut-rate chinese cable, any micro usb cable should work fine. But even most cheap ones should work ok.

Andy_Bell

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
tock
Hi guys,
Well I lost my nexus 5 micro USB cable but I still have the wall adaptor. I've read a lot of articles that state that using a 3rd party cable/charger can do bad for the phone.
Does it make a difference to use to a 3rd party cable (I have a Samsung USB cable) with my nexus charger? Or is there any way I can get a nexus USB cable? I couldn't find them in amazon.

Also does the charging speed has anything to do with the USB cable? (USB 3.0 , USB 2.0 difference perhaps? ) I don't know if its just what I felt but I think the phone charged a bit slower with my Samsung USB cable.

Posted via Android Central App

Hi - I bought a spare cheapo micro usb cable from Amazon and it was MUCH MUCH slower thean the cable I got with the 'phone. Literally hours to recharge from "flat" compared to a couple of hours with stock cable