Nexus 5: Miss notifications on Wi-Fi while asleep!

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed lately that Nexus 5 won't notify emails while being asleep on wifi. Does anybody get this?

It seems like n5 drops wifi connection after being asleep for a while.. Because like for example i have to run Skype all the time and the phone is asleep and on wifi i wake it up Skype status icon appears Offline and after 5 seconds being awake the status icon turn Online. At first i though it was Skype's bug but it seems like it affects the whole OS.

Last edited by a moderator:

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Miss notifications on Wi-Fi while asleep!

one thing to try and it will sound weird is to disable mobile data when your wifi on. see if that helps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Go to Settings>Wi-Fi, tap Menu, then Advanced, and see how things go if you uncheck "Wi-Fi optimization."

Also, on that same menu screen, are you sure "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" is set to "Always"?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

Go to Settings>Wi-Fi, tap Menu, then Advanced, and see how things go if you uncheck "Wi-Fi optimization."

Also, on that same menu screen, are you sure "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" is set to "Always"?

I've noticed lately that Nexus 5 won't notify emails while being asleep on wifi. Does anybody get this?

It seems like n5 drops wifi connection after being asleep for a while.. Because like for example i have to run Skype all the time and the phone is asleep and on wifi i wake it up Skype status icon appears Offline and after 5 seconds being awake the status icon turn Online. At first i though it was Skype's bug but it seems like it affects the whole OS.

I had this issue last night for the first time. And I have WiFi optimization set to off and keep awake during sleeping set to always.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed