Nexus 5 restock?

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Typically no, once they move on to the new models they sell the remaining stock. Only the new devices remain.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Typically no, once they move on to the new models they sell the remaining stock. Only the new devices remain.

Yep, because a huge 6" tablet phone is [apparently] what everyone wants to carry now. Choice in size is a bad thing.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. They've been out of stock for awhile now.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yep, I got mine at the end of October and that was basically the last time they were in stock. I watched them go in and out of stock for a week or so on a daily basis before I decided to buy one and now am glad I did!.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
The black nexus 5 is back in stock.

It's good to see, but I wonder how much longer they will be for sale through google. I bought a mint condition used black 16gb for $285. It's my second N5 in the last 9 months. (had the red one before) I'm keeping it until next october, when hopefully a new nexus 5 '15 comes out.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
It's good to see, but I wonder how much longer they will be for sale through google. I bought a mint condition used black 16gb for $285. It's my second N5 in the last 9 months. (had the red one before) I'm keeping it until next october, when hopefully a new nexus 5 '15 comes out.

By then they will be 7 or 8".

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

I think Google said (I will try and find the article) that they would continue to sell the N5.. I think they are aware the N6 is to large of a phone for many and the N5 is the perfect size..

I will look for the article and post it here if I can find it again..

JacquesL

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I am desperate to get my hands on a new Nexus 5 32 GB Black from Google Play soon. If any of you notice that they are back in stock, please post here. I have it on my wish list, but I do not know if they will send me a warning when the stock gets replenished.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it's completely hit and miss. But it does seem that the black ones are in stock more often and more often in 16gb.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
And now it looks like they're only selling the black ones.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yup. If you google red nexus 5 and click on a link to the play store in your search results it takes you to the n5 in red page and says that it is no longer for sale and the for the white one it says that is not available in your country. (I am in the united states)

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it's completely hit and miss. But it does seem that the black ones are in stock more often and more often in 16gb.

Makes sense, since that will be the highest selling model (most demanded/neutral color combined with the cheapest price).

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Makes sense, since that will be the highest selling model (most demanded/neutral color combined with the cheapest price).

I respectfully disagree. I believe the white and red are in much more demand, making them harder to get. They do offer the white and red, but sell out extremely quick.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I respectfully disagree. I believe the white and red are in much more demand, making them harder to get. They do offer the white and red, but sell out extremely quick.

Although that is possible, I have seen a lot of Nexus 5's out there in people's hands (believe it or not). Every single one so far has been black. We should do a poll in another thread :)

What they do have probably sells out quickly because I bet they make very few of them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality35