Nexus 5: WiFi turning on and off

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to figure out why my WiFi keeps turning on and off all by it self. Connects for like a 30 secs and then reconnects, then disconnects and reconnects. I've done a search but can't find an answer. Thanks.

Things I've done:

?Avoid poor connections is off.

?Reset router.

?Reset phone.

?Disconnected and reconnect to router.

?Router firmware up to date.

At a loss?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited by a moderator:

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: WiFi turning on and off

Is the Wi-Fi signal weak? There is an option to avoid weak connections you may have checked in the settings. It may be at that fringe point of switching back and forth.

kd0h

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Avoid poor connection is off. I'm only like 5 feet from my router.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Throw out the window? Did you go all Office Space on either of them? Usually works for me!

On a serious note, how old is the router? I had an old router that never agreed with my Nexus 5 and when we upgraded the router, never had an issue since.

kd0h

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Does it connect to other WiFi networks fine or is having the problem with any WiFi?

If it is just yours maybe try switching the channel on the router to broadcast on channel 11. That is "usually" the one with the least interference. If it is all WiFi it may be a bad WiFi chip/module and I would contact Google and get a new phone sent out.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Bad WiFi in the router. Wired networks were working. Wireless went bad. Router replaced and all back to normal.

Sent from my Nexus 5