Nexus 6p macro shots

aniket kuber

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Although the Camera is great, it struggles a lot with the macro shots especially with the focusing. It takes many attempts to get it right and also cannot focus mostly on the very near objects. Who else face the same issue? Goggle needs to fix it's camera app.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that too. I'm not sure it's the camera app--I think it's the lens itself. The 6P has a relatively wider-angle lens than other phones, and wider angle usually means less ability to focus up close.

cane prevost1

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I've calculated the minimum focal distance to be about 3 inches. Lens won't focus any closer than that. Mine locks focus quick at that distance in decent light.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, they have to make a compromise with the optics... There's no room to work with, no telescoping lens, etc. They could have reduced that minimum focal distance, but it would have come at an expense they weren't willing to pay.

reasontouse

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
You are very right, the phone's focus in macro mode struggles and it is mostly on the soft side in close-up shots. I have written about it in detail with sample images as well on my tech-review blog here.

Nexus 6P Macros and Close-ups Performance Review | REASONTOUSE

I believe the best way out at present is to move the camera slightly away until the focus is better. I am hoping that this issue can be resolved with a software fix.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao