Nexus 6P or Galaxy s7 ?

asommers

Dec 16, 2016
Visit site
Having trouble on which phone to get, at first I was going to get the s7 but now...

big news that Android 7.1.2 is coming out and the Nexus 6P will now have 'Google Assistant' and the fingerprint swipe down notifications gesture. So its practically lookin' like a less expensive Pixel. Thoughts?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
If I had to pick one or the other I'd go with the S7. But that's me-J absolutely love Samsung Pay and it's one of the biggest draws for me aside from the great camera and the Samsung layout

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a 6P, my wife has a S7 Edge.. The Sammy has its bright spots, but my wife never touches half the bells and whistles.

You can't go wrong with either phone... But I personally prefer the cleaner phone from the Goog.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
LeoRex makes some good points. Personally, I would go with the Google 6P simply because it's less expensive and getting updated.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Having trouble on which phone to get, at first I was going to get the s7 but now...

big news that Android 7.1.2 is coming out and the Nexus 6P will now have 'Google Assistant' and the fingerprint swipe down notifications gesture. So its practically lookin' like a less expensive Pixel. Thoughts?

Personally for me, i would get the 6P. I really like stock Android, plus you can get access to all the beta updates (if that means anything to you). Additionally, there are no things like 'Touch-Wiz'. But, even with that being said, there is a reason Samsung sell so many Galaxy S7 devices, because they are good and give you the latest and greatest hardware with exceptional camera pictures. So i don't think you can go wrong with either. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rigby