Nexus 6P or wait for a 2016 Flagships?

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So I've been a huge smartphone hobbyist for the better half of 5 years now. I've switched phones so much throughout the years with 2013-2015 being the worst. I could be considered an addict. With JUMP On Demand, Swappa, eBay, etc. I've spent far too much money. I cannot count how many phones I've had on toes and fingers combined. My Google Play phone list looks like I have a problem... well I do hints why I've decided to stick with one phone at the end of 2015.

So I grabbed myself an iPhone 6s Plus since that's what all my friends have (iOS) and figured it'd be the best phone to settle on; great apps (sometimes better), fast updates, support, iMessage with friends, facetime, etc. It was in my mind at the time, the best bet.

Well it's been a little over two months now and I'm not satisfied... or I'm having one of those addiction craves, pre-relapse, about to fall off the wagon, type symptoms. I'm seriously itching for a new phone.

Two of the 2015 phones I didn't own was the Nexus 6P and 5X. I played with the Nexus 6P for 24 hours, but I don't count that.

My biggest dilemmas is my love for Android, coupled with my love for iOS. For me there's things I love and hate about both. So often I'll find myself switching from an S6 Edge to an iPhone, then back to Android in the form of an LG G4, then several other Androids, back to iPhone and so on.

I would say I'm one of those, "confused voters" that can easily be swayed to vote in any direction when it comes to mobile technology. I'm savvy in both platforms, but mildly biased in both directions. I argue on both camps really.

So for my final attempt to stop my phone addiction, I'm gonna own one iPhone and one Android phone. While owning an iPhone 6s Plus, would you guys recommend I just buy (wait for) a 2016 flagship phone and run it along side my iPhone 6s, or buy a Nexus 6P and run along side my Nexus 6P.

Thanks in advance from your sad phone addict going clean

Vahdyx

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 6 is a great phone and at a great price, too! That being said, IF you can wait, I'd wait. Once the S7 is released, for instance, chances are most other phones will offer sales, price reductions, promos, etc. to tempt you away from the new 'big player' out there. Same thing happens when a new iPhone is released. I would expect similar reactions with the G5 and new Motorola phones, but not across all brands, probably just within LG and Moto, respectively.

After all, the S7 event is just around the corner anyway.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I was using an iPhone 6 Plus for a few months and just switched back to my Droid Turbo about a week ago. I too am contemplating a Nexus 6P purchase for a few reasons including the fact that I've never owned a Nexus phone. I've had/have the Nexus 7, N7 2013, had the N9 but sold it though. I like pure Android and was thinking I may even be happy with the Nexus 5X but I have to investigate more... I'm also tempted by the GS7 Edge the G5 and the 2016 Nexus offerings so I'm kind of in the same boat. I really should just stick with my Turbo though as it handles all my everyday tasks with aplomb... we shall see.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
And this is why T-Mobile's leasing plan appeals to many. Haha. Three upgrades a year for the same monthly payment, it's hard not to argue with that (sure, you don't own the device, but you were gonna sell it in 6 months anyway :p)

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Here's the thing I just bought the Nexus 6p and have no regrets. Iam a little nervous if HTC makes the phone because while I like their build quality they historically put small battery's in their devices. If they put a good size battery in I will sell the Nexus 6p.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Just to update my previous post... I went ahead and picked up an S6 Edge Plus yesterday (32GB - Black)... I was considering all my options but ultimately chose the S6 Edge+ for the size, the Edge features and aesthetics and the build quality. So far I'm loving it! No lag with the 4GB Ram and Octacore SOC and amazing display at 518 ppi. I was leaning toward the gold option but they didn't have it in stock. I'm liking the Black though... Battery life is superb as well.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Just to update my previous post... I went ahead and picked up an S6 Edge Plus yesterday (32GB - Black)... I was considering all my options but ultimately chose the S6 Edge+ for the size, the Edge features and aesthetics and the build quality. So far I'm loving it! No lag with the 4GB Ram and Octacore SOC and amazing display at 518 ppi. I was leaning toward the gold option but they didn't have it in stock. I'm liking the Black though... Battery life is superb as well.

Why didn't you just get the s7 if you went that route? I'm the in the same boat though. The s7 and g5 have good things and bad things combined. But I really want another Nexus and hoping the new Nexus is announced very soon. And i Dont know if I want it to be HTC with their lack luster batteries and such.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Well to be completely honest, I was kind of impatient and wanted the phone right away... also the S6 Edge Plus is a tad bigger which I like. And then there's the fact that if I waited for the S7 or S7 Edge I would be an early adopter with an unproven phone and I've had bad experiences with taking that route with some tablets in the past. I figured with the S6 Edge Plus I could get a great phone that's just a few months older than the S7s but that's proven to be a solid device for a good price and I didn't have to wait. I considered the S7 Edge though... but ultimately it would have been more expensive and risky considering the reviews aren't even out yet...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bronsonarnold33