Nexus 7 2013: Boots up completely. AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Alniter

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello, folks,

First -ever problem with my 2013 Nexus 7. When I boot it up, it boots completely to the main desktop screen. Then, no matter what I do, 5 to 10 seconds later it reboots and starts all over again. Every time it boots up all the way, then reboots again, even if I manage to get enough touch in the meantime to put it into safe mode. Even if it makes it to the main screen in safe mode, it reboots a few seconds later.

Not sure if any of those "push power and volume up buttons while you face west wearing red socks" things will work since it won't stay up long enough.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve in Florida

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
After 5 years? It's probably time to replace it. Repairing it would cost more. (And you'll lose any data you don't have backed up either way.)

Alniter

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I figured it would be time, and it is backed up. I just didn't want to spring for another tablet if there was a fix I missed. Thanks.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it's probably toast. But you could try booting into the Bootloader or Recovery mode and just let it sit there - if it still reboots then you're SOL. If it stays powered on then it would be worth reloading the final firmware from scratch and see if the OS stays running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali