Nexus 7 2013 Warranty

Gauhar Mahmood Azeem

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,
Is the warranty on the device from google or asus? if i buy it from amazon.com and get it shipped to the UK and it doesn't work can I return it to asus or google for warranty claim here in the UK or not?
Please guide.

mikemike162012

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,
Is the warranty on the device from google or asus? if i buy it from amazon.com and get it shipped to the UK and it doesn't work can I return it to asus or google for warranty claim here in the UK or not?
Please guide.
I'm not sure about Amazon in the U.K. but here in the United States Amazon give you one month to return if turn out to defects.

edit: from what I read around here, when problem with the device (if not bought from google store) google will tell you to contact Asus for warranty. Hope this helps.

Paul D1

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
That's annoying I'm heading out to the US next week and I was hoping to pick one up from wallmart so it looks like I'll have to pay rip off britain prices for it then !

Paul D1

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I just called Asus UK tech support and the bloke on the phone said the warranty was global as far as he was aware, think I may risk it as it's about ?70 saving.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Manufacturer warranty should be good worldwide but the retailer's support is often limited to domestic only. That seems to include the Play Store divisions in different countries.

Dimi2013

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm an expat from the US currently living in Greece and I got mine from the US. They're so overpriced here that it's not worth it. Actually, all of Europe marks these, and most things up, even with tax factored in. There's absolutely no reason for this considering the weak US dollar vs. the Euro. That is, no reason other than pure greed on behalf of the vendors here. :(

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
The warranty is good only in the region that it was manufactured for. The Nexus 7 is sold all around the world, but unfortunately, the warranty in not global. Each serial number has the warranty and regional information in it so when you call in for a repair, the repair center will only accept devices from within its region. Support is global, and we can help troubleshoot and assist no matter where you bought it from, but when it comes to sending it in for service or repair - those restriction do apply.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams