Nexus 7 Died?

sjd2246

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the original 16 gb Nexus 7. For the first time it wouldn't turn on this morning, went to plug it in and still nothing! Has this happened to anyone else? I have the 4.3 update and actually thought the performance was better until this happened!

Any thoughts?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Did the battery fully deplete? These devices can be a monster to get back up and running if the battery gets too low. My mother in law's took about 28 hours to charge from a dead battery, when it was usually only 3 or so hours from 20% to full in the dock.

Other than that, I've heard about a bug with Netflix, but that should be recoverable. I'm assuming you tried to do a hard reboot (hold power for approx 10 seconds). Does anything happen when you connect it to a charger?

sjd2246

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I connected to a charger and nothing happened and I held the power button for a while with no response. The battery could have drained over night, its never happened before though, maybe it has something to do with the 4.3 update? I left it plugged in and when I get home from work I'm hoping it'll be operational again. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Asus_Fred

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The update should not cause the unit to not turn on. Most likely the battery has depleted completely. If that is the case try the following steps and see if that works.

1.Connect the charger to your Nexus 7, then plug the charger in to an outlet.
2.Press and hold Power until the device powers on, then immediately press and hold Volume Down (while still pressing Power). You will see the word Start with an arrow drawn around it.
3.Press Volume down until you find Power off, then press Power to select that option.
4.When your tablet is off, disconnect the charger, then reconnect it.

You should see a battery on your screen that indicates your tablet is charging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid