Nexus 7 screen problem

vlok16

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone help with this? Lately screen has been acting as if I am touching it when I am not. This causes it to act as if there is multi touch happening when I am only using one finger or it selects things that I did not want, it's usually around mid screen, or let's say in the Kindle app causes an increase/decrease in font size. Still running 4.4.4 and not rooted.

Posted via Android Central App

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
New one on me. Turn on developer options and ask it to "show touches" so you can see exactly how the screen is interpreting your input. That may give you enough clues as to whether the problem is really isolated to a specific spot or not.

Could be something on the screen that needs to be cleaned off, so you can try giving the screen a thorough cleaning with a gentle cleaning solution and then wipe it down with a microfiber cloth.

Could also be some bad app causing severe enough lag that things are getting confused.

Sadly, could also be something going wrong with the digitizer/touch sensor.

Knowing nothing, my solution would be, in sequence assuming each step does not help:

1. Clean the screen.
2. Run a sensor testing app or simply start a paint program and draw thoroughly across the whole screen trying to narrow down specific spots that are problems.
3. Uninstall most background apps.
4. Factory reset.
5. Replace digitizer (or, more likely, tablet)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does this happen only when charging? Or when the tablet is resting on something that is generating an electromagnetic field (like some other big piece of tech)? Sometimes, an errant electromagnetic field (e.g., from an electrical current) can play hell with a touchscreen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilc73