nexus 7 using verizon mobile hotspot

Philippe Pessotti

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Quick question. If I use my gs3 mobile hotspot with my nexus 7 am I using more data than I normally use if i m just using my gs3 on its own? Like if I have hotspot on but don't use my phone, just my tablet.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
No you shouldn't use any more than if you were using the phone for the same thing.

Well, one small caveat. Your phone will be checking for emails and notifications, and so will your tablet, so you'll be using a bit more data (probably not much). But using the facebook app on your tablet shouldn't use any more data than if you were using the Facebook app on your phone (for example).

One thing you will want to be careful about is if you have photo syncing or pinned music (and similar) that would sync over a wifi network on your tablet. Because it will be connected to your GS3 and for all intents and purposes, it's going to think it's on a wifi network and sync that stuff.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
As EvilMonkey said. Also, if your apps on the play store are set to auto-update over wifi -- depending on what you have, there can be fairly large chunks of data consumed there as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech