Nick Black

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
OK so there's one things that annoying me about my tablet..... A lot of times in the lock screen it says it charging but the charger is not hooked up... Its really weird anyone else having this ??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What does the battery indicator in the notification bar show? Does it show a lightning bolt? And does the battery otherwise behave normally?

Did you buy this N7 brand new, or was it used or refurbished? Any drops or other trauma?

Nick Black

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't show it chargeing. No lighting bolt. And battery is normal. When I turn it off it shows a battery like it charging but northojng plugged up .. My n7 is new and has been in an otter box case its whole life and no drops of any kind

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try wiping the system cache partition, which contains temporary system log files and other data that isn't harmful to clear:

1. Reboot your tablet into the bootloader by turning it off, and then pushing the volume down, volume up, & power buttons at the same time.
2. Then, use your volume buttons to select Recovery.
3. If you?re on a stock recovery, wait until you see the Android with the red exclamation point, and press volume up + power at the same time. When you release the buttons, the Recover Menu should appear.
4. Using the volume buttons, select the option to clear your tablet?s cache, and press Power to execute.
5. When the cache wipe is done, press Power to reboot.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, it's all temporary system data. But make sure you're wiping the cache, not the whole device.

Nick Black

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
OK here's some more info. If I am charging the n7 with the tablet on and I disconnect the charger it still shows it charger. The light bolt in the corning the whole works. Now if I turn the tablet off and turn it back on it seems to run as normal..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Strange, but if the tablet is charging normally and has normal battery life, I'd be inclined to leave it alone and just keep an eye on it.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson