Nexus 9 or NVIDIA Sheild?

hsaohcjckelr

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking at either tablet and I know both tablets have had their fair share of complaints maybe with the nexus 9 having a lot more but i'm still looking at both tablets to buy.
I am coming from an iPad 4 generation (2012) and I mainly use it for media consumption, web browsing, and very light gaming.
Right now i'm leaning towards the Shield but still confused on which one to buy.

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
My first one was junky with a lot of light bleed... My second one dies within 4hrs doing nothing more than reading a book. No biggie, but it takes 5hrs to charge!

Posted via Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
What type of complaints have you heard about the Nvidia Shield Tablet? I would be interested in discussing.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
cracking issues - though this seems to be resolved in newer unit

and that charging times and battery life are subpar
Yes your correct the bezel cracking was resolved a while back.

Charging times and battery life are far from sub par. My SHIELD Tablet is the one device in my possession that I can usually rely on having some battery left after sitting idle for 2 days or so.. Now I'm not going to say it will hold this same charge under heavy gaming but for normal tablet usage its battery life is very good.

Charge times seem to be on par with any other device, somewhere in the 1-2 hr charge range which is by far quicker than the N9.

Overall I'm very pleased with my SHIELD Tablet. As a daily driver, a gaming tablet and everything in between it does what I expect of it and more. Then toss in NVIDIA's dedication to keeping it supported and updated, how could you complain?

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
cracking issues - though this seems to be resolved in newer unit

and that charging times and battery life are subpar

What are your charge times? Seems like 2 hours from dead is about average.

And yes the cracking issue seems to have been a bad batch which were replaced...so far it looks as though Nvidia has resolved the problem.

Now charge times for the N9 have been bad that I will agree with.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000