Nexus One connecting to OS X????

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Tried connecting my Nexus One to my macbook pro (running os x 10.6 aka snow leopard)... no go, "mounting" did not allow it to be read...

will I have to reformat the SD card?

am i missing something?

can't connect either through bluetooth for file sharing...

thnx!

Last edited:

iphonebangla

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi
Did you try Missing Sync for android, it has supposedly been updated to work with N1 and 2.1. I will setting mine up as well with OSX and am looking at options. Would be interested in knowing your results.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
My Eris works fine when I mount the SD card after plugging in, so it should work.

I have used Missing Sync for Windows Mobile in the past. I was never happy with it; I kept having issue with it not syncing calendar events properly - it would get a cryptic error message that you could never trace to a particular calendar event, but it would prevent calendar syncing completely. I finally just went to syncing Address Book and my calendars using Spanning Sync on the Mac (Busy Sync can also sync calendars, and Address Book in Snow Leopard also syncs with your Google account.) I'd really suggest doing this and, if you wish to back up SMS messages (something that Missing Sync also offers), look into SMS Backup in the Market (if it works with 2.1.) It can backup your sent and received SMS messages to an archived label in your gmail account.

For media syncing, DoubleTwist on the Mac is an excellent choice (though, of course, you need to fix that pesky non-mounting problem.)

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
i'll have to re-try mounting the sd card... that's what i did and yet it still wasn't reading... but will give it another go... hopefully was a temporary glitch (either on my end or the computer's lol)

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
yes, syncs email quite well (though outlook web access)... no calendar native syncing yet... i'm sure there are 3rd party options... probably nothing super slick though...

iphonebangla

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
Calendar can be synced using Touchdown available in Android App store. Users on Howard forums have used it and its apparently quite good. I will try it once I stup my phone this weekend

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
A guy at work uses Touchdown on his Droid I found out... it's better than nothing if you *absolutely* need outlook sync... but it still sucks... as it's a standalone app... not integrated into the Android's calendar...

dakis#AC

Dec 25, 2008
Visit site
Tried connecting my Nexus One to my macbook pro (running os x 10.6 aka snow leopard)... no go, "mounting" did not allow it to be read...

I was having trouble with my card as well - just sometimes wouldn't show up in the finder at all. I re-formatted it and now it works.

I use Salling Media Sync for syncing my iTunes music and video podcasts etc - much happier with it than with The Missing Sync. It's just hassle-free, works right away (you need to get the beta for the Nexus One) and is pretty fast.

Peter

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
mine works perfectly now... i dunno... just needed some priming or something... ;)

plug in usg cable... drag down notification try... pick the USB item... then "Mount"... try it a few times... switch USB posts just for grins...

Zerazac

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I don't know what you're trying to do but I have a Macbook and Android. I use doubletwist (to sync my music,videos,pics,etc.) and google to sync my mail and contacts..mine is a Hero, not sure why a Nexus would not register with your Mac though.. same OS..

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
all is good for me now... in fact, now I'm tethering via USB to my mac with my Nexus... all is good :D

cheers

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
@rvinny - i'm all good now.... seems like it required me doing it twice sometimes... but connecting fine now...

wolfhawke

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
No Connection To USB Card

Okay, since there are knowledgeable people in this forum who have helped others, I will post here.

The issue is as follows: When connecting my Nexus One to my Mac I cannot get the notification in the top bar to mount the SD Card. This used to work flawlessly. The phone will not show up anywhere, neither in the System Profiler, nor in using the adb devices command with Android SDK.

Hardware involved: MacBook Pro Unibody, purchased late 2009; HTC Nexus One phone, purchased late May 2010; original (from package) USB cable; Belkin Powered USB hub (all other devices show up nicely on it)

What changed: OS X 10.6.4 update; dropped the phone once; backed up apps to SD card using Astro File Manager; had to yank battery twice because phone froze

What I attempted:
  1. Turned on USB debugging
  2. reseated the SD card
  3. reformatted the SD card
  4. Rebooted both Nexus One and Mac multiple times.
  5. Tried every USB port on the Mac itself and several on the powered USB hub

What DOES work: Bluetooth transfers work fine between phone and Mac, all phone connections to network run fine.

Any recommendations other than resetting the phone to factory settings? I'd really, really, really like to avoid that.

Thanks for any help.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
@Wolfhawke:

Well you left out the USB cable....
Have any other cables you could try? Bent pin?

Yank SD card and put it in the carrier and see if the OS has any objections to it being mounted directly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1