Nexus One: Officialy Revealed

ValleyForge

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
New Nexus-1

I just followed AC's "rapid blog" coverage of the Nexus-1 release. While it looks slim & spiffy, I didn't see a whole lot on the device itself that makes me regret my Droid purchase (strange that they were released so close to each other; I'm sure Moto knew).

Once we get 2.1 for the Droid - which is promised in a few days - I can't see that there's a whole lot of difference. Maybe their camera works better....

TaeKwonDonkey

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm really pressured to buy one right this moment, but I'm trying to get myself to wait and check out what happens. It seems like every time I get a phone or any expensive electronic device, a fault or a better phone comes out soon after.

ValleyForge

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Well, that's the High Tech life - if you wait for the "next best thing" you'll be waiting forever. These things are obsolete the day they bring them to market.

But seriously - what is so different between the Droid and the Nexus that you're willing to spend good hard cash to switch? Yes, the Nexus is nice and slim, but it will run the same apps as the Droid and Droid will have Android 2.1 this month. I'd be interested to know what about the Nexus is tempting you.

- VF

Ryan32

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Well, that's the High Tech life - if you wait for the "next best thing" you'll be waiting forever. These things are obsolete the day they bring them to market.

But seriously - what is so different between the Droid and the Nexus that you're willing to spend good hard cash to switch? Yes, the Nexus is nice and slim, but it will run the same apps as the Droid and Droid will have Android 2.1 this month. I'd be interested to know what about the Nexus is tempting you.

- VF

For me it's the screen and the processor speed.... On top of that, i personally think the Droid is fugly. That's just personal preference though. :)

ValleyForge

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Well, I'll have to look at the screen if our local T-Mobile store ever gets one; when the Droid came out, reviewers were ga-ga over its screen quality in comparison to the i-Phone's. I'm wondering how much difference there actually is betwen the Droid's and N1's, and whether I think it's worth the money.

I also expect an uber-iPhone to come out in the forseeable future, and for Verizon (and everyone else) to offer it like BlackBerry. This war is just heating up - I want next year's "phone" now :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PDP