No Chromecast Mirroring

ccates

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I swapped in my amazing Nexus 6 for the new Moto X. Great phone so far, but that Nexus may have been better, I am surprised I miss the big, no, giant screen.
Awesome thing about lollipop is the built in Chromecast mirroring in the notifications pane, oh but wait, it DOESN'T work on the new Moto X.
else experience this? Any news on when Google will add the moto x to the authorized devices?

Side note, if you're on the wall, I think Nexus 6 over Moto X if you can handle limited one hand use. Camera is better, plus you get more lollipop functionality, wireless charging and stereo speakers.

Posted via the Android Central App

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I swapped in my amazing Nexus 6 for the new Moto X. Great phone so far, but that Nexus may have been better, I am surprised I miss the big, no, giant screen.
Awesome thing about lollipop is the built in Chromecast mirroring in the notifications pane, oh but wait, it DOESN'T work on the new Moto X.
else experience this? Any news on when Google will add the moto x to the authorized devices?

Side note, if you're on the wall, I think Nexus 6 over Moto X if you can handle limited one hand use. Camera is better, plus you get more lollipop functionality, wireless charging and stereo speakers.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yeah the Nexus 6 would have been nice but I choice the Moto X for a few reasons.

1. Price. I got a cyber monday deal so $400 for 32gb Moto X vs $650 for Nexus 6.

2. Size. I bought this to go along side my iPhone 6 Plus. So I have a giant phone already. The Moto X will be great for those days when I want something smaller that I can use 1 handed easily.

3. Moto Active Display. Once you've used this it's hard to go back to not using it. I wish my iPhone had something similar.

4. Physical design. I love the fact that I could design my Moto X with a variety of colors and materials.

I'm not sure about the Chromecast mirroring issue but my bet is it will be fixed soon enough if the issue isn't isolated to just you.

ccates

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
The price was a big part, that's one reason I switched. I wish I could have the functionality if moto display with the look and interaction of active display. Those lollipops lock screen notifications are sweet.
I found that if I have a password I can swipe my moto display, hit back on the password prompt, and it will go to the lollipop lockscreen and recognize my face and smart unlock before I can even swipe again . Pretty cool.

material yolo?

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't work on my X either. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Posted via the Android Central App - Moto X (2nd Gen)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon