no "droid" voice on startup

logodude

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
When I first got my Motorola droid, it would say droid in that robot voice during startup. But now it just does this stockish ringtone. I have not modded my phone an I'm not sure what I did, if anything to make it do that. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks in advance.

ptfd13

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Mine has stopped doing the voice also. Mine stopped doing the voice after Verizon transfered my contacts from my storm to my droid. I don't know if that's what did it but it worked until then. This all occured on launch day. Now all I get is the ringer when the phone reads the sd card at startup.

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, mine used to do the Droid voice, now it plays my notification ringtone. I kind of miss it, the Droid voice is obnoxious to use as a notification tone but I like it on startup.

fyrman49

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
From an unlocked home screen, press menu> Settings> sound and display> Notifacation ringtone> select which ringtone> adjust volume with up/down button.

Tennessee

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
From an unlocked home screen, press menu> Settings> sound and display> Notifacation ringtone> select which ringtone> adjust volume with up/down button.

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but where did you get the shellback patch. I've been a trusty shellback since 1980.

Sorry for the hijack, now back to the discussion at hand.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaetzle