No Integrated Facebook Notifications

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that with the Eris, Facebook notifications are pulled every few hours and are displayed in the status bar (with the integrated Facebook/Social Network). Even though I have all settings in place (Settings>Social Network> Facebook>Account Settings as well as People>Updates and Events>Data Connection Settings), I haven't ever recieved a Facebook update via status bar in the 3 months I've had my Hero. Does anyone have the same issue? Maybe I am missing a setting somewhere?

I'm on a Sprint Hero btw

Droid_Moment

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Same here...

I like the way my Blackberry Tour had it but idk what app there is to fix that.. I have the same settings on mine

It will though, give me a fast notification of when I get "poked" but I have to open facebook to see what messages I have, it doesn't even show me getting comments or stuff like that...

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Is there anything in the app market for Facebook that is more like the Facebook app for Blackberry? e.g. notifications (not just notifications for messages and pokes)

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
After reading this post - Facebook Status Notifications & Integration - Android Forums - it seems as though the integrated Facebook is a buggy feature on the Eris. SO, maybe the lack of integrated facebook notifications isn't such a bad thing.

HOWEVER, I have the same issue as troypolla - where the Android Market Facebook does not notify. I did have a taskmanager installed until last week, so maybe that inadvertently broke the notification function ...

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah... no task manager, reinstalled, reboot. Nothing. Maybe the dreaded factory reset would work? If you need an immediate fix, download Bloo Beta 1.4.3c - its free, decent UI and notifications ARE working for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishbillaros