No Mobile Data After 5.0 OTA Update

cdronm

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having this problem... I received the Lollipop update over the air last night & updated immediately (over wifi). This morning after leaving home, realized that the Moto X (Pure Edition) would no longer connect to MetroPCS data network, only phone calls/text were possible. Is there any fix for this or am I looking a factory reset in the face?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The easiest way is to take it to MetroPCS and ask them to fis it. (A failed update sent by the carrier is the carrier's responsibility.) I suspect that the APN got corrupted (which you can fix yourself if you know how) or one of the data modems (the modem in a cellphone is software) didn't update properly.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having this problem... I received the Lollipop update over the air last night & updated immediately (over wifi). This morning after leaving home, realized that the Moto X (Pure Edition) would no longer connect to MetroPCS data network, only phone calls/text were possible. Is there any fix for this or am I looking a factory reset in the face?

Stick it in airplane mode then turn it back off. My PE did this yesterday when I first installed it. With the update came a firmware update for the radio too I think enabling new LTE bands if I'm not mistaken. If this fails then to a restore. Then if that fails then check the data settings and all that good stuff. Other than that your stuck returning it.

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I cannot speak for the original poster, but a colleague had a similar issue after receiving the update to lollipop and had to delete the APN for Metro and create a new entry to regain his DATA connection.

He then restarted his Moto X and only then was the handset able to establish a DATA connection.

Dan

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahul85