No Stock apps after wiping/factory reset

walidgrk

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
So my dad gives me an LG Optimus T p509 (ill try to be as specific as I can) it had ADW I think with passcode so I turn it off turn it back on while holding home + volume down and click wipe > reset factory. It comes up as new phone with set up etc.. I reach the activate email part then says process error. so I click skip and brings up phone screen. I click the application tab and I only see browser and settings. That's weird. so I turn it on and off. still only browser and settings. so I hard reset it again. Still same thing. I installed the APK version of it and install it through 4shared on browser. it opens up and closes saying the process com.android.vending is missing. PLZ help guys!

It's really getting annoying!

IMPORTANT INFO:
-LG-p509-V10l
-Fryo FRF91
-Version 2.2
-kernel version 2.6.32.9
-I managed to install Astro file manager if that would help. IDK.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The 'com.android.vending' process is that of the Play Store. If it also disappeared following the reset, I'd recommend downloading and installing an APK for it. That may help get things sorted out.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
So my dad gives me an LG Optimus T p509 (ill try to be as specific as I can) it had ADW I think with passcode so I turn it off turn it back on while holding home + volume down and click wipe > reset factory. It comes up as new phone with set up etc.. I reach the activate email part then says process error. so I click skip and brings up phone screen. I click the application tab and I only see browser and settings. That's weird. so I turn it on and off. still only browser and settings. so I hard reset it again. Still same thing. I installed the APK version of it and install it through 4shared on browser. it opens up and closes saying the process com.android.vending is missing. PLZ help guys!

It's really getting annoying!

IMPORTANT INFO:
-LG-p509-V10l
-Fryo FRF91
-Version 2.2
-kernel version 2.6.32.9
-I managed to install Astro file manager if that would help. IDK.

com.android.vending is the play store apk.
if it is missing you will not be able to receive any applications besides ones that are already pre-loaded. (browser, Contact, etc)
Is the phone rooted?

This is definitely a unique case. I dont know how it could just "lose" the play store.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The Play Store app shouldn't be removed if the device had it previously installed. Do you know if a custom ROM was installed? If so, then you won't have the stock Google Apps after a factory reset. You'll have to install those separately.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

walidgrk

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I installed a com.android.vending apk but it still just exits before I read the error but I caught a glimps of Vending. Before I believe the stock apps were disabled with ADW for business purposes.

walidgrk

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
My dad bought it for business purposes. He is an apple person I don't think he rooted it or installed a custom rom but its possible.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Adw launcher shouldn't have caused the stock apps to be removed after a factory reset. I'd search for a factory restore option and see if that helps. Otherwise, rooting and installing a custom ROM is your best bet. But don't go doing it until you read upon the process.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Which ROM should I install. I was thinking of clockworkMOd but I don't know the difference between any ROMs, what do they do?

Read up on XDA-developer.com and learn as much as you can first
Also... I had a second thought. You said the phone was used for his work. Did they encrypt the phone?

walidgrk

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what you mean but all I know is they used ADW launcher. Also, does z4root APK actually works. don't want to waste my time.
Read up on XDA-developer.com and learn as much as you can first
Also... I had a second thought. You said the phone was used for his work. Did they encrypt the phone?

walidgrk

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Well my phone is now rooted. Having trouble finding recovery-RA-GNM-OPT-T-test.img.zip since links are dead. if there is anyone out there with this file please share!

walidgrk

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Nevermind guys! I downloaded the cyanegeon mod 7, and not only does it look better but the stock apps are back. Big thanks to srkmagnus and ryandroid86 for sticking with me all the way. For anyone out there reading this thread with the same problem, download this: CyanogenMMattv1.1.zip place on root of sd card, run recovery menu, and select zip. after that reboot and your all set!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codex_umbra