no updates after flash to stock?

mattferd

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, been lurking and learning on the forum since I bought my fascinate. This place is great.

I'm slowly learning the ropes, and rooted my stock fascinate to get rid of bloatware, to tether, etc. I then start getting the endless cycle of the EA28 update. It wouldn't install the update, giving an error message on the boot screen that was too fast for me to see.

With the OTA froyo rumors getting hot, I just decided to go back to stock. I used Odin and went back to DL01. I set it up and was going to get the updates. I check using innopath, and it's saying there's no new updates.

I searched for this question on the site for a while, but couldn't find a clear answer. Since I rooted and reflashed, am I not going to receive any more OTA updates?

Or, would it be simpler to flash to the new rooted froyo roms on the sticky?

Thanks for all you guys do for newbs like me on the site. I appreciate it.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, been lurking and learning on the forum since I bought my fascinate. This place is great.

I'm slowly learning the ropes, and rooted my stock fascinate to get rid of bloatware, to tether, etc. I then start getting the endless cycle of the EA28 update. It wouldn't install the update, giving an error message on the boot screen that was too fast for me to see.

With the OTA froyo rumors getting hot, I just decided to go back to stock. I used Odin and went back to DL01. I set it up and was going to get the updates. I check using innopath, and it's saying there's no new updates.

I searched for this question on the site for a while, but couldn't find a clear answer. Since I rooted and reflashed, am I not going to receive any more OTA updates?

Or, would it be simpler to flash to the new rooted froyo roms on the sticky?

Thanks for all you guys do for newbs like me on the site. I appreciate it.

its gonna be a preferance thing. personally flash sc2.4. when official froyo comes out we will get the deodexed rooted roms shortly after, maybe before. i would rather run a custom rom than a vzw. the custom roms are debloated and faster.

mattferd

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
So, I checked again for updates about an hour ago, and now have been updated to EA28. Guess it took a while to decide it wanted an update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdrianBaw