noise cancellation

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it has any software specifically for noise reduction. But, it really does seem to cut out a lot of background noises. My wife has noticed a much improved quality on her end (meaning MY microphone makes what I'm saying more clear to the person I'm speaking with). ......that's just my experience, as compared to my last phone, a blackberry 8330.

Geezer Squid

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Look at the last item under the Calling heading: Can't post a link so cut and past in your browser:

motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Mobile-Phones/ci.Motorola-DROID-US-EN.alt

"NOISE REDUCTION

Dual microphone noise reduction"

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Well, it looks like I stand corrected. I thought I read that the dual microphone was a first on the Nexus one. Oh Well. Now my question is, where is the second mic located? My hard case appears to cover up the whole phone so I wonder if it's covering it?

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
My Seidio case has a cutout on the back top that I always wondered what it was for. I don't know if it's for the microphone or not but that could be where it's at.

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Genetic_Bloom said:
My Seidio case has a cutout on the back top that I always wondered what it was for. I don't know if it's for the microphone or not but that could be where it's at.

Hello,

Thank you all for your interest! Yes, the Droid does have a dual mic configuration setup and we are the only case maker that we know that has the opening for it. Here is a picture for you:

CSR2MTDD-BK-3.jpg

The molded square on the top of the case is where it is located.

Regards,

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Generally you don't see the mic itself on any device -- rather you just see the opening. You'd have to open your device to see the mic.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
The only opening for a mic that I could find is on the edge where the back of the phone and top meet. To the right of the headphone jack if your looking at the back off the phone. On the top of the soft rubbery pad near the top of the back of the phone. If that's it, my case is covering it up and probably making it moot.

I guess I'll be looking for a new case

**** Just noticed the picture of the opening on the case in this post and that is where I was talking about. Looks like I'm definitely getting a new case. :) ****

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
It's just a little slit on the top-back of your phone.

I see what you're talking about, but even for a slit that is the smallest thing I've ever seen. If that's indeed the case, I guess I'll stop worrying about whether people can hear me very well when I'm on speakerphone and the phone is laying on it's front.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkhihe