NOOB Took the ROM Plunge

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I was tired of my 1.2 EA28 Stock Touch Wiz so i Flashed to Stock Froyo EB01 and it still seemed slow. So this morning i followed the directions on flashing to Super Clean 2.8 Rooted and i did it...and quite sucessfull i guess, because ive just finished installing all my apps and no force closes or any other problems yet.
Thanks for all the great people here that makes noob like me makes things like " Flashing a ROM" and not "Bricking" my device possible :)

Reactions: DroidXcon

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I was tired of my 1.2 EA28 Stock Touch Wiz so i Flashed to Stock Froyo EB01 and it still seemed slow. So this morning i followed the directions on flashing to Super Clean 2.8 Rooted and i did it...and quite sucessfull i guess, because ive just finished installing all my apps and no force closes or any other problems yet.
Thanks for all the great people here that makes noob like me makes things like " Flashing a ROM" and not "Bricking" my device possible :)

lol. your not really done until you brick your phone!! enjoy the new awsomeness on your phone.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
lol. your not really done until you brick your phone!! enjoy the new awsomeness on your phone.

Come on mike. There's gotta be at least one person out there who doesn't want a certification from the "GunnerMike53: Hold my beer and watch this school of flashing" LOL

Welcome to the forums, we're kind of a big deal :p and have a lot of fun.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Come on mike. There's gotta be at least one person out there who doesn't want a certification from the "GunnerMike53: Hold my beer and watch this school of flashing" LOL

Welcome to the forums, we're kind of a big deal :p and have a lot of fun.

lol. now your just being silly. i dont drink beer. its diet dr pepper., :p

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
lol. now your just being silly. i dont drink beer. its diet dr pepper., :p

LOL. For a gun toting red neck geek like me and you, I don't think you get the joke. Enjoy the diet dr. pepper though LOL.

The National Transportation Safety Board recently divulged they had covertly funded a project with the U.S. auto makers for the past five years, whereby the auto makers were installing black boxes in four-wheel drive pickup trucks in an effort to determine, in fatal accidents, the circumstances in the last 15 seconds before the crash.

They were surprised to find in 49 of the 50 states the last words of drivers in 61.2 percent of fatal crashes were, "Oh, ****!"

Only the state of Montana was different, where 96.4 percent of the final words were -
"Hey Y'all, hold my beer and watch this!"

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
LOL. For a gun toting red neck geek like me and you, I don't think you get the joke. Enjoy the diet dr. pepper though LOL.

The National Transportation Safety Board recently divulged they had covertly funded a project with the U.S. auto makers for the past five years, whereby the auto makers were installing black boxes in four-wheel drive pickup trucks in an effort to determine, in fatal accidents, the circumstances in the last 15 seconds before the crash.

They were surprised to find in 49 of the 50 states the last words of drivers in 61.2 percent of fatal crashes were, "Oh, ****!"

Only the state of Montana was different, where 96.4 percent of the final words were -
"Hey Y'all, hold my beer and watch this!"

lol. that hilarious!!

geocomp

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
LOL...."Here Hold my beer and watch this..." Words from my college days. Actually come to think of it I think I held on to my beer the whole time.

I have rooted, flashed ROMS, Kernels and even Voodoo'd my phone and have yet to brick it! But I have to say none of this would be possible if people like GunnerMike, DroidXCon, Landshark and many others were not around to do it first and find work arounds for the rest of us.:D:D:D

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Question: If I am coming from EA-28. What is the easiest way to root so I can back up my apps, then move to a SC rom?

The easiest way is to use one of DroidXcon's all-in-one ODIN packages located here:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ged-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-04-a.html
Just follow exactly the instructions, read them carefully, and take your time and you can get rooted, get the sc ROM, and clockworkmod recovery in about 15-30 minutes with only a few easy steps on your part.
As far as backing up your apps, I have always been recommending titanium backup pro, but you have to already be rooted to back up your apps. Now I have heard about my backup pro which apparently doesn't require you to be rooted ahead of time. It is available in the market for $4.99 or so. But it is well worth it to not have to go into the market and redownload all your apps one by one. And you will need to back them up because coming from EA28 you will have to wipe your phone clean in order to go to an EB01 (Froyo) build.
There are a few steps we will need to have you go through before hand, so reply back here for now then I will send you over to that thread once we take care of a few things. Also here is some helpful reading so you can understand what you are doing instead of just blindly doing something you may not fully understand:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...56394-beginners-rooting-read-me-3-3-11-a.html
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...faq-plus-stock-unrooted-rooted-downloads.html
http://www.androidcentral.com/dictionary

Camaro Guy

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I love this place! I've been trolling for months. I'd finally waited long enough for the offical, & no luck. I work for a large corporation and they recently changed the security policy for android devices so that nothing under 2.2 is allowed to access the exchange servers. SOO here I am. I've read most of the rooting and rom threads but, I felt a little overloaded with information. I appreciate the help.

Thanks Landshark!... And to think I almost bought an iPhone.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I love this place! I've been trolling for months. I'd finally waited long enough for the offical, & no luck. I work for a large corporation and they recently changed the security policy for android devices so that nothing under 2.2 is allowed to access the exchange servers. SOO here I am. I've read most of the rooting and rom threads but, I felt a little overloaded with information. I appreciate the help.

Ahh, don't say the i word around here, and especially not around me. j/k. Ok, so you are stock EA28 so first off we need to get your contacts and apps backed up. For your contacts you have three choices: 1) Use the backup assistant that is on the phone, I have always used this and have had no problems; 2) sync your contacts to your gmail account; or 3) open your contacts, hit the menu soft key, click on import/export and export them to the sd card. For your apps you will need to purchase and download my backup pro from the market.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

LOL, the word you're looking for is lurking. Trolling is trying to get people mad at you, or cause panic with new members by spreading mis-information.

You can find a one click root that will let you download titanium backup without touching your rom. I'm not sure where it went, but there was a tools of the trade sticky that had lots of good info on it.

Camaro Guy

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
done & done. I think the rest should be easy ;). I was an original bb storm owner and lost count of how many leaked os's I flashed to fix that damn thing. Finally gave up. After a bb tour I'd had enough and the android bug has offically got me.

Camaro Guy

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
LOL, the word you're looking for is lurking. Trolling is trying to get people mad at you, or cause panic with new members by spreading mis-information.

You can find a one click root that will let you download titanium backup without touching your rom. I'm not sure where it went, but there was a tools of the trade sticky that had lots of good info on it.

Lol. Thats what a 12 hour day will do to you. Thanks for the info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys88