"not eligible" for upgrade-- can I still get a new phone?

gamoses

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Surely not everyone here is 22 months past their prior purchase. Is it still possible to get a new Maxx? Do I just need to renew my contract? Apologies for such a newbie question.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
They sometimes let you do the 2-year contract discount price a little earlier, sometimes as a grace period, sometimes for a fee. Talk to someone at Verizon & find out. That said, there's always the option to shell out full price, but that certainly hurts the wallet. I was fortunate to both be eligible for upgrade and find a local authorized retailer that knows how to work around and get me the 2-year renew discount and let me keep my unlimited data.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Surely not everyone here is 22 months past their prior purchase. Is it still possible to get a new Maxx? Do I just need to renew my contract? Apologies for such a newbie question.

You definitely want to check with VZW and what you specific plan will be. I found out today that I can upgrade tomorrow due to our corporate contract, despite the fact that I bought the GN on launch day -- which means I am about 20 months past my prior purchase. The even better news is that I will also be able keep my unlimited data, though the rep made it clear that that part of the corporate contract is changing soon. The only bummer was that I will have an 8/27 ship date instead of an 8/20 date and I cannot buy from the store. That extra week is going to drive me crazy, but all in all it I am happy.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Go to Verizon Wireless and pick it up on 8/20 rather than ordering it through verizonwireless.com.

If that is for me, I can't. The stores cannot access my contact, so I have to order through a corporate portal.

It is only a week, but it will be a long week. Only the folks here can understand how painful it will be. My friends and family think I am crazy as hell.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Nothing stops you from buying a phone. It all depends on what price you want to pay. Because you're not eligible for upgrade pricing, expect to pay a higher price.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon