Not getting some SMSs

Terpsucka

Jan 14, 2023
Visit site
The past few days I've been occasionally not getting a text that someone has sent to me. Like, I'll have an ongoing conversation, and suddenly just one message never makes it to me. Last night a friend tried to resend the same text a bunch of times, and I just never got it. When she copy and pasted the text into a new message it did come through. This is happened with messages from multiple people. Any ideas on how to debug this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Terpsucka

Jan 14, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for the response, the link for signing up! My device is a Moto G Stylus running android 11. I'm using the canned "Messages" app. The people I've had this problem with are all iPhone users. Might changing apps help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure, you posted the original question? (I'm a bit confused, because I don't see any responses from anyone else before this one.)

EDIT: Never mind, I found the duplicate thread and merged them, and made you the owner of the original guest post.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the response, the link for signing up! My device is a Moto G Stylus running android 11. I'm using the canned "Messages" app. The people I've had this problem with are all iPhone users. Might changing apps help?
Welcome to AC!
The Moto devices use Google messages or Moto default message app?

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried resetting your network connections? Have you tried using an alternate SMS app, like Textra, to see if you got different results?

Terpsucka

Jan 14, 2023
Visit site
No problem, Google messages usually pretty good , can try couple things try first clearing cache then force stop the message app , if u not sure how to do that I can help..

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I had cleared the cache but I hadn't killed the app, gave that a go, will report back when I find out if that helped

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams